A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
We’re looking for someone to be the driving force of our digital presence, increasing brand visibility within our target audiences through SEO, social media, and other relevant channels.
The role will be great for someone who’s willing to try new things and can optimise activity, but also analyse results and effectiveness to inform future activity.
Working alongside the rest of the brand experience team, this person will be responsible for making the most of every digital opportunity surrounding PR, campaigns, events and content.
This role will be based in either our London, Durham or Glasgow office.
Day to day responsibilities
- SEO management including keyword research to improve search engine rankings and increase organic traffic
- Planning and managing social media content
- Managing digital advertising and paid media campaigns, including ad copy, testing, landing page and optimisation, for search engine, digital display and social media
- Reporting and analysis of each social media platform and web traffic
- Basic copywriting for blogs and short online articles
- Commitment to continuous learning and self-development to discover, lead and implement new ideas
Some of the skills we are looking for
- Strong understanding of SEO and relevant tools
- Working knowledge of social media marketing strategies, platforms and content creation
- Experience of website/CMS management
- Analytical skills and experience with Google Analytics/GA4 and social media insights
- Good communication skills
- At least 2 years’ experience in digital marketing with a proven track record in SEO
- Basic copy writing skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ambitious and motivated with the ability to work effectively autonomously and as part of a team
Nice to have:
- A background in technology and/or business consulting
- Knowledge or experience in any of our key sectors; manufacturing, higher education, social housing, private equity and architecture, engineering and construction.
- Experience in the Adobe suite
As well as offering a competitive salary, we have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- EV car scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Rest days
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.
We asked employees of Waterstons how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Waterstons
Durham, Glasgow, London and Sydney