A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced account manager to support our continued growth in our Southern Region. You might have a technical or consulting background, but are keen to move into a role which focuses on client relationships, or already be an account manager with more passion for customer success than sales targets. You will be joining our Client Management team and will be responsible for a portfolio of clients ensuring their expectations are exceeded and we deliver the best possible service.
We are a small team dedicated to creating trusted partnerships with our clients, helping them to realise the best use of technology and ensuring they are aware of Waterstons full range of capabilities. You will be a key member working with both the Client Management and wider Client Experience team as an advocate for outstanding customer service and client partnership.
A passion for building relationships with people, which develop into long term trusted partnerships is essential. As well as this, the ability to understand the bigger picture, help to define opportunities and articulate multi-disciplinary solutions to deliver a seamless experience is important.
This is a flexible role with an expectation of a regular weekly presence in the London office, frequent visits to clients and occasionally visits to Waterstons Durham and Glasgow offices.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Represent a portfolio of clients, acting as their trusted advisor
- Regular client communication and visits
- Work with other consultants across our services to identify and progress opportunities
- Act as an escalation route for clients and colleagues, providing overall governance to client contracts
- Leading internal and external client reviews and meetings
- Understanding clients’ requirements and business problems with the ability to help translate those into technical solutions
- Passion and desire to exceed client expectations and provide excellent customer service
- Proven track record of developing successful long-term relationships
- 2-3 years Consulting, customer success or account management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing multiple senior stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to think outside of the box
- Extensive commercial management experience including client and contract negotiations, commercial documentation review and client budgeting
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment under minimal supervision
- Located in or near the Greater London area (UK) and the ability and willingness to travel to clients
Nice to have:
- Experience in technical support, technical account management or technical pre-sales
- Practical knowledge of core technologies such as the Microsoft stack
- Relevant sector experience preferably in any of the AEC, Higher Education or Supported Housing sectors
- Experience of business development across private and public sector, including bid writing, pitching and tender responses
- Confident at networking and public speaking
The Waterstons Perks
As well as offering a competitive salary, we have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.
We asked employees of Waterstons how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Waterstons
Durham, Glasgow, London and Sydney