A bit about us
Our main focus at Waterstons is to help our customers build a better business by blending technology and strategy. We have offices in the UK and Australia. Our team also work across the globe to provide unique business solutions that directly adds value to our clients’ businesses.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, flexible working, and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
Did we also mention that we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time?
About the role
We’re on the lookout for a Backup Infrastructure Engineer to join our expanding global Remote Services team, supporting our clients and their backup infrastructure on a day-to-day basis.
The role resolves around monitoring and maintaining our client’s backup infrastructure, responding to alerts from various backup environments with differing backup technology implementations; as well as proactively testing clients restore points and carrying out assessments on backup infrastructure/solution to ensure best practices are adhered to and risks are identified.
We work with a wide variety of national and international clients, providing custom support services and technical escalation routes. You’ll be the first point of contact for dealing with alerts and incidents generated from our unified monitoring platform; owning, managing, and solving technical issues and queries as well as an escalation point for our Service Desk engineers.
Your Main Responsibilities
- You’ll be responsible for troubleshooting issues that come in and liaising with colleagues and customers as required to resolve these in a timely fashion in accordance with our service level agreements.
- Resolve backup related incidents to ensure the RPO and RTO of clients’ backup are met.
- Managing your own queue of tickets, you’ll take ownership of new tickets as and when you are able, ensuring the customer is communicated with and that issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- You’ll be responsible for recording your time when working on issues to enable accurate billing to clients.
- You’ll be responsible for conducting and reporting on client restore testing.
- You’ll be continuously looking for improvements to client’s backup infrastructure to ensure data is being backed up appropriately.
- Working within a larger team you’ll provide a range of support from 1st to 3rd line, working remotely from the office, with potential to spend time on site with our clients nationwide.
- Liaising with third parties to resolve issues.
- Ensuring the appropriate stakeholders are informed and kept updated.
Some of the skills we are looking for
- At least 1-3 years of experience within the IT industry.
- A solid understanding of fundamental backup theories and methodologies.
- Experience with backup and replication technologies such as Veeam
- Some experience with Microsoft 365 backup solutions such as Skykick and Veeam365.
- Some experience with managing and troubleshooting Cloud platform backup solutions such as within AWS and Azure.
- A good understanding of virtualisation technologies such as VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a growing team with a desire to develop your skills and share experience with the wider team.
- Keen attention to detail with a solid analytical approach to problems and offering solutions.
- Ability to work independently and
- autonomously to manage your workload.
- Drive and passion to develop their technical skillset further.
Nice to have:
- At least 2 years of experience in roles which focus on working with and managing backup infrastructure and solutions.
- Some experience working in a fast-paced environment such as an MSP or similar.
- Industry recognised qualifications/accreditations relating to the job role.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- EV car scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Rest days
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.
We asked employees of Waterstons how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Waterstons
Durham, Glasgow, London and Sydney