When Volt launched in 2019, we recognised how open banking has the power to transform how businesses, wherever they happen to be, receive payments from their customers. So, we set about building an open payments gateway that enables merchants across the globe to receive direct, account-to-account payments – in real time.
Now, on the back of a record-breaking $23.5 million Series A funding round, we’re building an all-star team to achieve our goal of ‘real-time payments everywhere’.
About the role
As a Senior Cloud Security Engineer you will play a crucial role in providing technical solutions, expertise, guidance and consultancy connected to security. Working with Volt will give you the opportunity to build a secure architecture at Volt. You will implement and audit security policies to support the design of a global and exponentially scalable payments transaction platform. We will count on your technical skills in systems design, architecture and compliance.
About our tech choices
We are designing our solutions with Domain-Driven Design principles in mind. That led us among other things to use the hexagonal architecture as our base pattern for the business layers of our apps. The systems as a whole are built with the best practices of microservices architecture, including CQRS, language-agnostic protocols, containerization, etc. Above all, we are keeping the balance between novelty and delivering a business value since that is the ultimate goal of our tech stack.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining technical security infrastructure,
- Monitoring and reporting the general state of IT infrastructure in the security area according to established metrics,
- Identifying, managing, and reporting security incidents,
- Creating thread models and identifying risks for infrastructure and applications,
- Managing BCP/DRP related activities,
- Participating in internal and external audits and acting as the main contact for IT security matters,
- Building awareness on security and compliance principles and best practices,
- “Shifting-left security” by helping development teams adopting security best practices early on,
- Building and hardening CI/CD pipelines with security scanning and best practices in mind,
- Designing and implementing hardened infrastructure abstraction with Terraform,
- Working closely with Product and Development teams to ensure compliance with internal and external policies,
- Solving complex technical challenges around scalability, reliability and resiliency,
- Documenting and training other engineers on both industry’s best practices and our own infrastructure
- You have at least 5 years of experience with AWS and Terraform,
- You are able to demonstrate vast knowledge of technologies focused on cloud security, hardening CI/CD pipelines, containers and virtualization,
- You feel comfortable writing tooling in Python, Ruby or Go,
- You are a communicative person committed to the performance of entrusted duties,
- You possess extensive knowledge of tools and IT security systems i.a. SIEM-SOAR, IAM, PAM, WAF, NGFW, DAM, DR, SOC, VMS, AV, ATP, CTI, EDR, Web/Mail Gateway, DevSecOps, Cloud Security, ServiceNow, AWS,
- You are familiar with OWASP Top 10, MITRE ATT&CK, CIS, CAIQ,
- You are fluent in English and Polish in speech and writing.
Nice to have:
- You possess a solid understanding of applicable law in the area of information security for the financial sector (PSD2/RTS), data protection regulations (GDPR), norms, standards (ISO 2700x series, NIST, COBIT, ITIL etc.) and practices in the area of security processes and operations,
- Prior experience with fintech companies and familiarity with financial institutions are more than welcome,
- Experience and willingness to become a leader is a plus,
- Ability to read and troubleshoot applications written in Java, PHP, NodeJS.
- In 2021, we secured $23.5 million in Series A funding – a record in the open banking space. We’re going places – fast,
- We’re building new, game-changing tech that’s evolving at lightning speed. It’s energizing to be part of Volt!
- We champion ‘extreme ownership’ – being not just the owner of your own tasks, but a key member of a team united by, and accountable for, common goals,
- Every Thursday, our employees meet and enjoy working together at the Puro Hotel in Cracow and Warsaw. There is always an opportunity to eat lunch together and grab some drinks after hours,
- Every occasion is a good reason for celebration; we organize Christmas parties and company retreats,
- We care about our employees’ health, so you will be provided with medical insurance by Luxmed,
- We offer paid holidays and of course B2B contract is not an exception,
- If you want to work in a company with a great, start-up atmosphere, you don’t have to look further :)
- Selected candidates will be invited for an initial interview with our People & Culture representative. The video meeting will take about 30 minutes,
- Then it’s time for a second interview! The meeting will be conducted by our DevOps Team Lead and will last about 1,5 hours,
- We will invite you for a call with our Chief Operating Officer which will take 30 minutes,
- Our SVP of Technology would also like to chat with you :) You can expect the meeting to last approximately 45 minutes,
- If successful, you will be given a job offer proposal.
Seems like a place you would like to be a part of? Our team is waiting for you!
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Volt ⚡️ provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Volt ⚡️ is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Volt ⚡️
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Amsterdam, Poland
Series A: $23.5 million
What employees are saying
Volt's flexible working is great, with a focus on high performance through clearly defined goals and two-way communication.