3–4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
Title: Management Accountant
Reporting to: VP Finance
Who we are:
When Volt launched in 2019, we recognised how open banking has the power to transform how businesses, wherever they happen to be, receive payments from their customers.
So, we set about building an open payments gateway that enables merchants across the globe to receive direct, account-to-account payments – in real time.
Now, on the back of a record-breaking $23.5 million Series A funding round, we’re building an all-star team to achieve our goal of ‘real-time payments everywhere’.
As a Management Accountant at Volt, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a high paced startup environment in a FinTech sector that is red hot - account to account payments. This role is an amazing opportunity to make your first move in the payments industry.
What you’ll do:
- Multi-entity management
- Month-end close management incl. managing outsourced payroll
- Management accounts preparation
- External audit and tax assistance
- Overview of the below functions:
- Invoice processing:
- Credit control
- Cash book maintenance
- Bank reconciliation
- Supplier invoices
- Liaising with third party providers and suppliers
- Updating and maintaining procedural documentation
We want someone who:
- Has at least three years worth of relevant work experience.
- Is part or fully qualified in a relevant accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA etc.)
- Has strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all organisational levels and functions, both inside and outside of Volt.
- Is a confident self-starter.
- Eager to learn and proactively looking for opportunities to expand your knowledge.
- Ability to interface seamlessly and autonomously with a global multicultural team (culturally aware, adjusts communication style to audiences).
- Completely fluent in English (another language, in particular Polish, would be a plus)
- Contributes to an inclusive and fun team environment
Why work at Volt?
- In 2021, we secured $23.5 million in Series A funding – a record in the open banking space. We’re going places – fast
- We’re building new, game-changing tech that’s evolving at lightning speed. It’s energising to be part of
- We’ve brought together big names from the likes of Volt, Klarna and IFX. Their expertise and enthusiasm is infectious
- We champion ‘extreme ownership’ – being not just the owner of your own tasks, but a key member of a team united by, and accountable for, common goals.
- Our culture is rooted in ambition. Discover what it’s like to work for a start-up on the cusp of achieving something big.
We’re aiming to create the perfect balance between remote and office-based work; we want an environment you can thrive in.