When Volt launched in 2019, we recognised how open banking has the power to transform how businesses, wherever they happen to be, receive payments from their customers. So, we set about building an open payments gateway that enables merchants across the globe to receive direct, account-to-account payments – in real time.
Now, on the back of a record-breaking $23.5 million Series A funding round, we’re building an all-star team to achieve our goal of ‘real-time payments everywhere’.
About the role
As a Head of Finance, Poland at Volt, you will have the opportunity to be involved in both the day-to-day financial activities of a fast growing start-up and for maintaining our relationship with the financial regulatory authority for Poland.
- Supervising the accounting functions of Volt’s Poland office, including the monthly recharge to the London head office,
- Representing the company in front of relevant Polish authorities, e.g. the KNF,
- Building and maintaining a close relationship with our external Polish accounting company, who amongst other responsibilities, currently manage payroll for Volt Poland,
- Preparing and maintaining a budget and cash flow forecast for the Polish entity,
- Monitoring accounts receivables and payables,
- Providing financial support to FP&A in budgeting and performance management processes including headcount and management reporting,
- Cooperating closely with auditors and banks.
- At least 2 years experience in a key Finance role at a licenced financial institution in the EU (ideally a payment institution (PI) or electronic money institution (EMI) under PSD2 regulation) - e.g. Head of Finance, Financial Controller, Head Accountant,
- Must hold a professional accountancy qualification, with an understanding of the Polish Accounting Act and IFRS,
- Experience and very good knowledge of regulatory reporting in a financial institution,
- Fluent in Polish and English (speaking and writing),
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all organizational levels and functions, both inside and outside of Volt,
- Detail-oriented, organized and self-directed team player with an ability to work in dynamic organizations,
- Experience working in an international work environment with a UK headquarters.
- In 2021, we secured $23.5 million in Series A funding – a record in the open banking space. We’re going places – fast,
- We’re building new, game-changing tech that’s evolving at lightning speed. It’s energising to be part of,
- We champion ‘extreme ownership’ – being not just the owner of your own tasks, but a key member of a team united by, and accountable for, common goals,
- During the week we mostly work remotely but for those who prefer to be in the office we arranged coworking spaces in Warsaw (Business Link Astoria) and Cracow (Chillispaces),
- Every Thursday, our employees meet and enjoy working together at the Puro Hotel in Cracow and Warsaw. There is always an opportunity to eat lunch together and grab some drinks after hours. It would be great if you could visit us every week but if you don't have such an option 3-4 weeks are also fine,
- Every occasion is a good reason for celebration; we organise Christmas parties and company retreats,
- We care about our employees’ health, so you will be provided with medical insurance by Luxmed,
- We offer paid holidays (pssst...we will give you one day off extra for your birthday),
- In addition, once every two months on Friday we close down all comms at Volt - a digital detox. The whole business is officially ordered to take the day off!
- If you want to work in a company with a great, start-up atmosphere, you don’t have to look further :)
- Selected candidates will be invited for an initial interview with our People & Culture representative. The video meeting will take about 30 minutes,
- Then it’s time for a second interview! The meeting will be conducted by our SVP of Finance and will last 30-45 minutes,
- Our Chief Operating Officer would also like to chat with you :) You can expect the meeting to last approximately 30 minutes,
- If successful, you will be given a job offer proposal.
Seems like a place you would like to be a part of? Our Finance Team is waiting for you!
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Volt ⚡️ provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Volt ⚡️ is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Volt ⚡️
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Amsterdam, Poland
Series A: $23.5 million
What employees are saying
Volt's flexible working is great, with a focus on high performance through clearly defined goals and two-way communication.