Location: Central London
Job Type: Full time
Compensation: £40,000 - £50,000
Why join us?
If you love food and technology as much as we do, you’ll love life at Vita Mojo. We’re on a mission to revolutionise the hospitality experience for operators and their customers. Through our smart digital products, we’re powering the digital transformation of your favourite pubs, bars and restaurants. And we want a world where everyone gets the meal they’re hoping for. Each and every time.
Our Vita Mojo DNA
We’re proud to have built an award-winning digital platform. Vita Mojo is a positive, energetic and forward-thinking place to work, and when you become a Moji, you’ll be joining a supportive team who’ve always got your back. Our passion for technology and food is matched only by our support for our people.
About the role
💥Your mission as a Vita Mojo Management Accountant is to support the Financial Controller and the business by ensuring our financial information is complete and accurate. We love to work as a team and you will also be collaborating with the rest of the team. You’ll need to be organised, analytical, have a good understanding of accounting principles and have a great attention to detail! You will be assisting and in some cases responsible for aspects of Financial reporting, day to day accounting and various other ad-hoc projects.
Working in a startup means that things often change and we adapt to the growing and changing needs of the business. We expect the below to be the bulk of the role, but this may change over time depending on your own development needs, aspirations and the makeup of the team.
- Owning revenue: You will be responsible for our monthly invoicing process
- Owning journals: Through expense review and categorisation, you will be responsible for posting month end journal entries
- Owning the payroll process: You will be responsible for submitting monthly payroll for approval using our payroll software
- Owning VAT: You will be preparing & submitting (after review) quarterly VAT returns
- Owning EMI: You will be responsible for issuing initial notifications, our annual notifications and administration of our EMI scheme (support will be provided)
- Expense Management: You will be responsible for reviewing and categorising staff expenses
- International: You will be assisting with the management of international subsidiaries
- R&D and Audit: As part of the year end process, you will be working with our external auditors and R&D tax team
There will also be various ad hoc tasks that you will be responsible for. We are a close knit, outgoing team that work in tandem more often than not. In addition to the above you’ll be supporting the financial controller and the finance team as required.
- Experience as a Management Accountant or similar role
- You are working towards an accountancy qualification with a handful of papers remaining (ACCA, ACA, or equivalent) or are qualified by experience
- You have a solid understanding of accounting principles and are able to flex your knowledge to suit requirements
- Strong MS Excel / Google Sheets skills
- You enjoy a collaborative environment; you thrive working as a team and cross-departmentally
- You love data! You’re attention to detail is excellent and have an ability to spot numerical errors
- You are analytical with a curious mindset
- You are proactive with a hands-on approach to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, “roll up the sleeves” type of person who is capable of working within a team environment.
- You are a very organised individual and able to juggle multiple different tasks through your time-management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including explaining finance topics to non-financial individuals
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong internal and external relationships
- Wants to grow in the role and take on more responsibilities
It'd be a bonus if you:
- Have a working knowledge of Xero
- Have experience in a high growth environment
- Are comfortable with EMI options
Work perks and benefits
🏆 We pride ourselves on our fantastic open, honest, inclusive culture that we have built, and continue to build. 🏗️
As a testament to this, Vita Mojo has secured a place as the UK’s Number 1 startup to work for by Tempo.
Our approach. We work on a hybrid model which means that once a week teams come into the office for an optional team collaboration day, and the other four days are spent working from home (or hot-desking in the office if that’s your jam!).
💪 We’re proud of the flexibility that we offer our Mojis (check us out on Flexa’s Global Top 100 companies!) and want to promote a positive work/life alignment. A one-size-fits-all approach won’t work for every Moji and team, and we encourage you to have conversations with your line manager and team to understand your work preferences and team needs.
The aim is to ensure that Mojis are able to maximise their potential, build trust with their teams, establish an effective work/life alignment and also meet the needs of our growing business! 🚀
💻 Your tech kit. We want to supply you with the best hardware to get the job done. We will set you up with your basic kit when you start and anything else you need once you have some time to get your feet on the ground.
🏡 Work from home kit. When you join we’ll work with you to understand your work from home needs, and get you set up to be your most productive while working from home.
🕰️ Your hours. Where possible, you set your own hours to get the work done in line with your team and company needs. If you’re an early riser, come in as early as you like; if you need to do the morning school run, come in a bit later. At the end of the day, the work needs to be done but we also need you to balance that with life.
🌵 Your work environment. Our bright and spacious offices offer lots of natural light, a jungle of plants, and different spaces to relax and focus on what you need to do.
🍑 Food and drink. We stock all the coffee and tea you can drink when in the office and we’re never without snacks!
💳 Your budget. You have a monthly £80 wellbeing and lifestyle allowance available through your own personal wallet. Spend it on anything (within reason!) that will help improve your life.
💗 Your development. We have found that Mojis who thrive at Vita Mojo embrace a growth mindset and are proactive about their development, find ways to contribute and grow in non-linear (and linear!) ways. We offer a £600 L&D budget to support you in that development and to gain the skills, knowledge and relationships you need to soar, whether at Vita Mojo or later on in your development journey.
🧠 Your mental health. Through our partnership with Spill, you can ask a therapist for advice, schedule a one-off therapy session, or use a series of therapy sessions. We also offer Mental Health Days to use in moments when you need to take a day for some additional space to refocus your energies. Personal coaching is available to all Mojis through our partnership with MoreHappi, to help you grow and reach your goals!
🌴 Your holidays. We believe in finding your work life alignment and want you to take advantage of your 25 days of leave, plus public holidays. Your holiday allowance increases after each complete calendar year of service, up to 28 days.
💚 Carer’s Leave. We understand life happens and you may need to take some time to support your loved ones. Whether that be looking after your sick dog, friends or family members. We offer one week (5 days) paid leave to all Mojis.
🐣 Welcoming a child into your life. We have enhanced Parental leave policies! Parental leave is offered to all Mojis after 3 months at the company. Parental leave is the collective term and includes maternity, paternity, adoption leave and surrogacy. Our leave policy is meant to help you navigate through this time as successfully as possible.
We recognise both the primary caregiver (the person who spends most time with the child) and the secondary (typically this is the non-birthing parent). Primary caregivers receive full pay for the first 16 weeks and 50% pay up to week 32. But need more time off? No problem, you can take up to 52 weeks (statutory) with us!
Secondary caregivers receive full pay for the first 4 weeks and an additional 2 weeks after 36 months of continuous service. It's up to you when you start your leave, we are here to support you through the whole process.
🤒 Your health. We offer 10 days of full pay sick leave.
🥳 Your birthday. We love celebrating birthdays, whether through baked goods or gifts, and you also get the day off on (or around) your birthday every year.
🍾 Your social spirit. We love socialising with our fellow Mojis, whether through monthly drinks in the office, quarterly offsite socials (both virtual and in person), celebrating milestones, or anything else that comes up, we enjoy hanging out with each other!
🐶 Dog friendly. We love our furry friends who visit the office! Calling all responsible pet owners to join us! 😊
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Vita Mojo provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Vita Mojo is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Vita Mojo
Gender diversity (male:female)
London Office Locations