Location(s): Slough, Welwyn Garden City or Manchester
About the role
As a member of the Architecture & Solution Design Chapter working in a Squad or Tribe you will:
- Belong to a cross-functional Squad or Tribe who is responsible for end-to-end delivery of a product that delivers customer value.
- Bringing individual expertise from your Chapter to the cross-functional squad to deliver for the customer at pace using short cycles of experimentation with a ‘fail-fast-learn-fast’ attitude.
- Participates in all squad or tribe ceremonies and events, raising impediments as soon as they are identified to facilitate organisational flow.
- Inspecting and adapting their way of working for continuous improvement.
- Embodying an Agile mindset and culture to contribute to the growth in agile maturity of our business.
- Will work in cycles of sprints, using priorities set through the product backlog.
- The squad or tribe member will be an autonomous, trusted decision maker able to self-organise to use their chapter knowledge and expertise to deliver the right solution for the customer.
- Continuously acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Collaborating to create the end-to-end solution design aligned to agreed business requirements.
- Identifying the impacted systems and interfaces for initiatives, aligned to the Target Architecture.
- Supporting the definition and validation of Acceptance Criteria.
- Translating User Stories to articulate the technical scale of an initiative to support MVP definition aligned to strategic priorities.
- Support end-to-end testing, providing input to defect triage to ensure alignment with acceptance criteria.
- Acting as a key contact during post-implementation hyper care to ensure initiatives land smoothly.
- Collaborating across squads and tribes to ensure the solution is aligned to the Acceptance Criteria and our Target Architecture.
- Providing design expertise to support the definition of ready and the definition of done.
- Support the RFI/P/Q process offering end-to-end architecture & design considerations as early as possible.
- High Level Impact Assessment
- Context Diagram
- Solution Narrative
- Sequence Diagrams
- Business Rules & Logic
Who we are
Tesco Mobile is the UK’s largest MVNO with over 5 million customers and industry leading customer satisfaction. We’re a totally unique business, a 50/50 joint venture between Telefonica O2 and Tesco that launched back in 2003.
Being part of Telefonica/Virgin Media O2, one of the world’s most creative digital companies, we’re able to open up all sorts of possibilities – not just for customers, but for the people who work for us, too.
Great benefits. Great rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. Flexible working. These are just some of the reasons we attract great talent.
Our inclusive approach to recruitment helps us be a true reflection of our customers and their communities. That’s why everybody’s welcome – it’s time to get everyone in the room.
Accessible, inclusive and equitable for all
Virgin Media O2 is an equal opportunities employer and we're working hard to remove bias and barriers for our people and candidates. So, we build equity and inclusion into everything we do, from the policies we craft to the relationships we shape. We support and encourage you to be your authentic self throughout your application journey with us.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- 3+ years experience working in Telecoms Industry , or similar IT-based role.
- Solid technical background, including experience with one or more of: self-care systems, webservices, billing, hardened APIs, eCommerce and retail systems
- Good communications skills, with the ability to explain the impact of different options or issues to non-technical stakeholders
- Proven track record of delivering solutions across multiple supplier platforms and impacting on multiple stakeholders, in a timely fashion and with minimal post-live issues.
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving, logical and creative thinking
The other stuff we are looking for
We'd also love you to bring;
- Engineering or IT-related degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience of working with architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF
What's in it for you
Our goal is to celebrate our people, their lives and everything in-between. We aim to create a culture that empowers everyone to bring the best versions of themselves to work each and every day. We believe the most inclusive and diverse culture makes for a better business and a brighter world.
Working at Virgin Media O2, you get a bumper reward package bursting with benefits, and loads of extras you can add if you’d like to. These are designed to support both you and your loved ones, making sure that you’re covered no matter what life throws your way.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you as a person and your experience to date. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include communication from the recruiter - Samantha Lee.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.
We asked employees of Virgin Media O2 how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Virgin Media O2
Gender diversity (male:female)
Flexible; Primary Locations Hammersmith & Reading