Core Infrastructure Support (CIS) is a multi-disciplinary team within Network Operations, responsible for providing a tertiary support function for the platforms within our control.
The Senior Data Centre Engineer will be responsible and accountable for supporting the Core Data Centre technologies (Routing, Switching, Firewall and Load Balancing) which provide Business Critical services.
Work as part of a high-profile team, providing support and delivering innovative solutions.
Working with and alongside NMC (NOC), Data and ISP Systems Support colleagues to provide a complete E2E support function within Virgin Media O2.
Balance competing BAU and project demands to deliver new and upgraded services on time.
Manage lifecycle and obsolescence - identification of opportunities to Simplify, Standardise and Consolidate with the aim of making in-life support efficiencies.
Who we are
The UK’s fastest broadband network. The nation’s best-loved mobile brand. And, one of the UK's biggest companies too.
Diverse, high performing teams - jam packed with serious talent. Together, we offer the UK more choice and better value, through our boundary-pushing, customer-championing values and ambitions.
Together, we are Virgin Media O2, and we can't wait to see what you can do.
Accessible, inclusive and equitable for all
Virgin Media O2 is an equal opportunities employer and we're working hard to remove bias and barriers for our people and candidates. So, we build equity and inclusion into everything we do, from the policies we craft to the relationships we shape. We support and encourage you to be your authentic self throughout your application journey with us.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Previous experience in supporting Data Centre network infrastructure, Cisco (Nexus [Fixed and Modular], ASR, ASA, Firepower, ISR, Catalyst) and F5 (LTM, GTM, AFM, AWAF).
- Operating, configuring and troubleshooting NXOS, IOS XE/XR, and F5 TMOS operating systems.
- Understanding of BGP, ISIS, VRF, OTV, STP, IP Sec, PKI, VDC, VPC, VRRP, HSRP technologies.
- Knowledge of management protocols and secure implementation of SSH, AAA (TACACS+), Syslog, SNMP, NTP
- Comfortable in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol, ISP environment.
- Understanding of underlying network fundamentals not limited to TCP/IP, Routing, L2/L3 Switching and the OSI model.
The other stuff we are looking for
We'd also love you to bring;
- Degree in a related field.
- Certifications or suitable real-world experience to cover: Cisco CCNP Data Centre :Cisco CCNP Security
- F5 Certified Administrator, working towards Certified Technical Specialist
- Previous experience in a support role in a Tier 1 Service Provider.
What's in it for you
Our goal is to celebrate our people, their lives and everything in-between. We aim to create a culture that empowers everyone to bring the best versions of themselves to work each and every day. We believe the most inclusive and diverse culture makes for a better business and a brighter world.
Working at Virgin Media O2, you get a bumper reward package bursting with benefits, and loads of extras you can add if you’d like to. These are designed to support both you and your loved ones, making sure that you’re covered no matter what life throws your way.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you as a person and your experience to date. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, we will be in touch to find out more about you and why you would like to come and work for Virgin Media O2 and we will then arrange an Interview with the hiring manager.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.
We asked employees of Virgin Media O2 how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Virgin Media O2
Gender diversity (male:female)
Flexible; Primary Locations Hammersmith & Reading