Reporting into Head of Transformation you will focus on cost optimisation and management at both the workload and macro (cloud provider) level. You will demonstrate your analytical, cloud and FinOps capabilities working closely with a number of teams, including with the architecture and application teams, ensuring cost is a significant factor taken into account during design activities and the full lifecycle of the product in cloud. You will identify cost saving opportunities and follow these through to execution. Who we are
The UK’s fastest broadband network. The nation’s best-loved mobile brand. And, one of the UK's biggest companies too.
Diverse, high performing teams - jam packed with serious talent. Together, we offer the UK more choice and better value, through our boundary-pushing, customer-championing values and ambitions.
Together, we are Virgin Media O2, and we can't wait to see what you can do.
Accessible, inclusive and equitable for all
Virgin Media O2 is an equal opportunities employer and we're working hard to remove bias and barriers for our people and candidates. So, we build equity and inclusion into everything we do, from the policies we craft to the relationships we shape. We support and encourage you to be your authentic self throughout your application journey with us.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Experience in Cloud Health, Cloud Economist, Cloud FinOps, Cloud Architect or similar role in a large enterprise (GCP/AWS/Azure)
- Experience of cloud services and technologies GCP/AWS/Azure from a cloud economics/FinOps perspective
- Experience in performing cost optimisation/FinOps activities
The other stuff we are looking for
We'd also love you to bring;
- A coaching/collaborative style of working and leadership
- Some experience and expertise in facilitating cloud architecture and design reviews from a cost optimisation/cloud economics perspective
- Be able to proactively perform discount plan management (e.g. Savings plans management) for our strategic cloud platforms
- A voice of support for cost optimisation and cost efficient design with the technical and product communities. Work closely with them to make cost efficient workload placement decisions – e.g. cost comparisons between different architectures and target cloud platforms
- The ability to perform cloud solution reviews ensuring solution architectures are cost effective and providing alternative options where they are not and run public cloud spend forecasting process across VMo2
- Be responsible for monthly cross charge of cloud consumption
- Help build a collaborative and transparent culture of continuous improvement, within the team and across domains, while mentoring junior team members
What's in it for you
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you as a person and your experience to date. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a phone screening call from a recruiter and a face to face or teams interview with the hiring manager.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.
We asked employees of Virgin Media O2 how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Virgin Media O2
Gender diversity (male:female)
Flexible; Primary Locations Hammersmith & Reading