The Consumer Commercial Finance team is a key part of Finance and Strategy in VMO2 and is instrumental in shaping and supporting the direction of the Commercial division. The wider team provides commercial leadership, decision support and financial control to the Commercial division, who are responsible for >£8bn revenue and c.£5bn EBITDA.
Reporting into the Senior FBP for Commercial FP&A, this role is a key member of the Consumer Commercial Finance team supporting in the analysis of the overall performance of the Fixed and FMC area of Commercial, it will be instrumental in supporting the Director and Head of FP&A for Consumer in providing key insights and analysis to drive value and commercial outcomes.
Who we are
The UK’s fastest broadband network. The nation’s best-loved mobile brand. And, one of the UK's biggest companies too.
Diverse, high performing teams - jam packed with serious talent. Together, we offer the UK more choice and better value, through our boundary-pushing, customer-championing values and ambitions.
Together, we are Virgin Media O2, and we can't wait to see what you can do.
Accessible, inclusive and equitable for all
Virgin Media O2 is an equal opportunities employer and we're working hard to remove bias and barriers for our people and candidates. So, we build equity and inclusion into everything we do, from the policies we craft to the relationships we shape. We support and encourage you to be your authentic self throughout your application journey with us.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Be a qualified accountant or studying towards a qualification (ACA,CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Influence/manage and build strong relationships across Consumer and wider finance teams
- Demonstrate attention to detail with strong analytical skills and experience of working within a FP&A function
- Comfortable with understanding and managing detail, but with the ability to provide high level summaries to senior management
- Proven track record in driving excellence in financial planning and insight
The other stuff we are looking for
We'd also love you to bring;
- Responsibility for ensuring high quality and accurate planning and performance reporting is delivered in a timely manner
- Providing analysis and insight into the strategic and operational financial plan for the Fixed and FMC, partnering with other parts of the finance team
- Proactively identifying risk and opportunities within the plan to ensure early corrective action is taken by business owners and ensure tracking in place to ensure delivery.
- The role holder will become a trusted advisor to key senior members across finance, including partnering with Group FP&A
- The postholder will ensure a robust month-end process, working closely with the Financial Operations team and FBPs to ensure results are reported in a timely and accurate fashion
What's in it for you
Our goal is to celebrate our people, their lives and everything in-between. We aim to create a culture that empowers everyone to bring the best versions of themselves to work each and every day. We believe the most inclusive and diverse culture makes for a better business and a brighter world.
Working at Virgin Media O2, you get a bumper reward package bursting with benefits, and loads of extras you can add if you’d like to. These are designed to support both you and your loved ones, making sure that you’re covered no matter what life throws your way.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you as a person and your experience to date. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a competency based interview.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.
We asked employees of Virgin Media O2 how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Virgin Media O2
Gender diversity (male:female)
Flexible; Primary Locations Hammersmith & Reading