To provide best in class business partnering support to the IT directorate, being a critical friend to stakeholders, providing value add insight to ensure that budgets are met and understood.
Ensure Capex and Opex portfolio is well balanced and all Business Cases are accurate and timely.
Who we are
The UK’s fastest broadband network. The nation’s best-loved mobile brand. And, one of the UK's biggest companies too.
Diverse, impactful teams - jam packed with serious talent. Together, we offer the UK more choice and better value, through our boundary-pushing, customer-championing values and ambitions.
Together, we are Virgin Media O2, and we can't wait to see what you can do.
Accessible, inclusive and equitable for all
Virgin Media O2 is an equal opportunities employer and we're working hard to remove bias and barriers for our people and candidates. So, we build equity and inclusion into everything we do, from the policies we craft to the relationships we shape. We support and encourage you to be your authentic self throughout your application journey with us.
The must haves
· Manage budget and financial control for assigned area of responsibility using best in class business partnering to analyse proposed capital, operating, and maintenance expenditures, ensuring best use of scarce resources for maximum commercial, risk management and customer return
· Produce reports and analysis related to impact of budgetary decisions
· Ensure accurate and timely financial forecasts
· Track and monitor all budget expenditures. mitigate financial risks and achieve budget challenge
· Perform a wide variety of professional level research and analytical duties in support of various operations and activities including special projects, departmental finance management and analysis, resource management and demand management
The other stuff we are looking for
- Professional Finance qualification
- Oversee operational and administration issues; identify issues and support in the conducting of research to find alternative solutions; manage the implementation of recommendations
- Manage and monitor special projects. Perform and make informed decisions on process improvements and implement changes based on this
- Plan, coordinate, and evaluate activities associated with assigned contracts; participate in research and evaluation of proposed contractual obligations and agreements; assist in contract negotiations and administration; monitor compliance with applicable contractual agreements.
- Coordinates with departmental Managers and performs activities; prepare, write, review, and monitor project assignment, allocation and prioritisation.
What's in it for you
Our goal is to celebrate our people, their lives and everything in-between. We aim to create a culture that empowers everyone to bring the best versions of themselves to work each and every day. We believe the most inclusive and diverse culture makes for a better business and a brighter world.
Working at Virgin Media O2, you get a bumper reward package bursting with benefits, and loads of extras you can add if you’d like to. These are designed to support both you and your loved ones, making sure that you’re covered no matter what life throws your way.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you as a person and your experience to date. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a competency based interview.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.
We asked employees of Virgin Media O2 how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Virgin Media O2
Gender diversity (male:female)
Flexible; Primary Locations Hammersmith & Reading