We have an exciting opportunity for a Contract Manager to support the Wholesale B2B team here at VM02 by providing contract control and contract optimisation for material customer agreements through delivery, in-life and renewal or exit.
Internally you will be the first point of contact to support the effective management and administration of Wholesale B2B agreements and be a key interface with customers.
You will provide relevant and accurate advice on the contractual and commercial position of agreements in order to ensure the risks are managed and mitigated accordingly and work with the legal and regulatory team as required on more complex legal risks and opportunities.
Other key responsibilities include ensuring the wider business and operating teams are clear on all contractual obligations and our position against these is understood and managed by respective teams, supporting the implementation of systems, processes and procedures to protect the risk profile of contractual obligations and achieve optimum value for the contracts on an ongoing basis, supporting the identification activities which will optimise OFCF by engaging with a range of internal and external stakeholders and working closely with the Wholesale B2B Commercial Team to make recommendations on commercial related matters.
Who we are
At Virgin Media O2 we're going All In, to remove bias and barriers for our people and our candidates. We're working hard to achieve bold ambitions, to help us better represent the diverse communities we serve across the UK. As an equal opportunities employer, we support and encourage you, to be your authentic self throughout your application journey.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following skills;
- Proven track record of managing complex and material customer agreements as well as managing opportunities and risks through the full contract lifecycle.
- Best in class negotiation and customer relationship management skills.
- Demonstrable experience of providing exceptional technical contract management skills.
- Proven ability of writing in clear and concise English, ensuring contract clauses are unambiguous, achieve desired commercial outcomes and are legally compliant.
- Demonstrable experience of negotiation, relationship management and influencing skills at a senior level.
- Excellent contractual analytical skills with the ability to understand and interpret complex operational and commercial contract matters and seek legal advice where required.
- Proven ability to manage and influence senior stakeholders across a variety of functions.
- Excellent presentation skills with solid evidence of presenting complex contractual matters in a straightforward and clear manner to non-experts, with the ability to challenge assumptions of those more senior or more experienced, both internal and external.
- A solid understanding of the Telecoms industry and its products is essential.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent, preferably in a numerate or legal discipline, demonstrating a high level of comfort with contractual terms.
The other stuff we are looking for
We'd also love you to bring;
- Legal training/qualification whilst not a prerequisite would be an advantage.
- Ideally a high-level understanding of fixed network technologies and ability to communicate confidently across these topics. You are not expected to be a deep technical expert.
What's in it for you
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work life balance.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a Saville assessment and a competency interview
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.
We asked employees of Virgin Media O2 how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Virgin Media O2
Gender diversity (male:female)
Flexible; Primary Locations Hammersmith & Reading