About the role
The Automation Technical Change Analyst will be a hybrid role which will require skills in technical change analysis and implementation of change and optimisation as a site reliability engineer (SRE). This role has a requirement to deliver impact assessment & development/delivery of Business sponsored change.
You will be responsible for implementing and running automation solutions to streamline operational processes, improve system reliability, and ensure continuous service availability.
The Automation Technical Change Analyst will require a solid technical background, a passion for automation, and the ability to bridge the gap between development and operations teams. You will be accountable for owning the change management efforts for automation initiatives which includes development of comprehensive change plans and working in close partnership with leaders in business, HR and service management teams through full implementation of the targeted Automation changes.
You will also be accountable for assessing all potential changes on the Automation Production estate and Automations that are in the development factory and candidate pipeline.
- Develop and optimise templates for Stakeholder Analysis, Change Impact Analysis, Organisational design and Training Need Analysis
- Identify the impacted stakeholders and processes, as identified by analysis of future change requests
- Conduct workshops with key team members for change impact assessment on people and process as a result of in flight and future Automation projects as well as any change requests on Production Automations
- Agree on change interventions for mitigating the impacts on Automations and also ensure the mitigations are communicated to the Automation project teams (via the Automation Scrum Master), the Automation Support Team and also the Automation Service Owner
- Assist with defining the communication and training approach (alongside VMO2) and plan for effective adoption of RPA
- Monitor business readiness for the Automations that are in the Automation development factory and identify risks and mitigation
- Ownership of all pre-approved Automation CRQs to support all changes to the Automation production environment
- Implementation of changes to Automation process code based on Change Request Impact Assessments
- Work closely with the Support Team SRE’s to deliver changes to Automation Process as part of the Change Request process, including delivery of detailed technical hand-off post impact assessment phase
- Engage HR to mitigate organisational impacts of Automation and redesign the organisation and update job expectations (in terms of future skills, redeployment, etc)
- Ensure business and HR have organised staff in terms of training and up skill of retained Workers. Help define new skills required to support the Automated processes
- Review and analysis of planned and unplanned outages to identify impacts on existing process automations, and process automations in development
- Creation and distribution of Automation CAB reporting pack and follow up on actions
- Ownership of calendar of forward change which is communicated to key business stakeholders, Intelligent Process Automation team and Automation Support Team
- End-to-end management of the Change Request process using the Monday.com board, from CR Front Door form submission to Dev, Test, Prod Release & ELS
- Updating runbooks, operational handbooks and service/process documentation to help prepare on-call teams for future incidents as part of the Change Request process
- Triaging production RPA/Automation changes
- Developing code remediations for changes as well as developing solutions for projects when time prevails.
Who we are The UK’s fastest broadband network. The nation’s best-loved mobile brand. And, one of the UK's biggest companies too.
Diverse, high performing teams - jam packed with serious talent. Together, we offer the UK more choice and better value, through our boundary-pushing, customer-championing values and ambitions.
Together, we are Virgin Media O2, and we can't wait to see what you can do.
Accessible, inclusive and equitable for all
Virgin Media O2 is an equal opportunities employer and we're working hard to remove bias and barriers for our people and candidates. So, we build equity and inclusion into everything we do, from the policies we craft to the relationships we shape. We support and encourage you to be your authentic self throughout your application journey with us.
The must haves In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Automation - Good developer experience and background across RPA technology platforms (BluePrism, Power Automate) Change Management - Experience of the Change Management process, including use of Helix ITSM and good knowledge of standard change management tools and Software Development Lifecycles required and experience in leading change for business or IT led transformation programme in Agile environment
- Stakeholder Management - Superb communication skills (verbal & written) and experience building credibility between key team members by influencing and inspiring trust, impact analysis, developing communication, training and organisation design approach
- Business Process - Practical experience of change management principles and methodologies and its application in helping people to understand and embrace new changes.
- Working with business and functions, including coaching aptitude at all levels of management
- Ability to work using own initiative as well as part of a team
The other stuff we are looking for We'd also love you to bring;
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Experience in lifecycle tools such as Jira & Confluence, Monday.com desirable
- Able to plan, schedule and monitor own work activities in order to meet time and quality targets
- Scrum development methodology
- Familiar with SRE methodology and techniques
What's in it for you Our goal is to celebrate our people, their lives and everything in-between. We aim to create a culture that empowers everyone to bring the best versions of themselves to work each and every day.
We believe the most inclusive and diverse culture makes for a better business and a brighter world.
Working at Virgin Media O2, you get a bumper reward package bursting with benefits, and loads of extras you can add if you’d like to.
These are designed to support both you and your loved ones, making sure that you’re covered no matter what life throws your way.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you as a person and your experience to date. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include communication from the recruiter - Samantha Lee.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.
LI - SL1
We asked employees of Virgin Media O2 how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Virgin Media O2
Gender diversity (male:female)
Flexible; Primary Locations Hammersmith & Reading