Job Title: Senior Creative Strategist, VaynerCommerce
Reports to: Director of Creative Strategy
Who We Are:
VaynerCommerce is a Growth Engineering Firm. Initiated in 2018, it officially launched in 2020 as a new type of firm for modern brands to partner with to drive sustainable growth. VaynerCommerce is a digital-first firm that takes an engineering approach to driving sustainable growth. It was started by former early Shopify Plus employees, and was born from the frustration that brands were left with no good options in the market when it came to building sustainable online customer growth. VaynerCommerce serves as a strategic partner, with an implementation arm across data science, engineering, design, financial modeling, media & creative, and merchandising for brands that want to sustainably grow their Direct-to-Consumer business. VaynerCommerce works across Fortune 100, Venture Capital, and Private Equity-backed consumer brands.
We’re rigorous about how we build our team, and the work we focus on. We’re building some of the most complex solutions in the world of Commerce which requires hard work, collaborative teams, and creative problem solving.
What You Will Do:
The Senior Creative Strategist supports VaynerCommerce growth engagement and performance teams on ensuring we’re leveraging real-time quantitative and qualitative insights to feed our creative execution. This role is highly cross-functional, collaborating closely with the growth and media teams to analyze and implement data-driven recommendations to improve outcomes for creative approach. Then working with Vayner Creators to execute that approach. Senior Creative Strategists can stretch from giving insights for new creative in the acquisition process to coming up with ad text and headlines based on insights.
You are the Captain for a brand’s ongoing creative strategy. Constantly making course corrections and adjustments based on data to ensure that all of our creative performs at a high level. You have 5 key areas that you excel at:
- Take full ownership of a variety of clients' creative strategy and execution from ideation through post-production.
- Develop insights and deep analysis of creative performance across multiple platforms, and use these insights to inform future creative plans.
- Work closely with Vayner production and post-production teams to execute the creative plan. Write briefs and copy for individual ads and ad text/headline, and provide detailed feedback to guide Editors in executing your briefs.
- Function as team’s subject matter expert and go-to leading authority on assigned clients
- Collaborate with inter-agency departments and teams to develop a variety of content needs that meets creative and strategic criteria (client briefs, feedback, client KPIs, etc.), and delivers on measurable business results for your client
- Operate as quality control for all creative developed for your clients.
- Act as a dotted line to Director of Creative Strategy to ensure creative excellence and meeting of brand objectives
- Create detailed pitch decks that explain your creative approach to the Director of Creative Strategy and to the client.
- Assist in the development of productions such as photo and video shoots. Be able to explain your vision to Creators.
- Must understand, articulate, and strategically apply the latest platform, industry, creative trends, and digital best practices, always seeking the next opportunity for your brands.
- Assist Director of Creative Strategy in streamlining creative processes to improve team structure at a wider level, providing input on wider operational systems as needed. If you see an inefficiency, call it out!
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of advertising experience, developing and creating for digital / social strategies + campaigns. Bachelor's degree a plus
- A strong understanding of what makes good copy and how to connect to a diverse customer base.
- Experience with Facebook Ads Manager and an understanding of terms like: ROAS, CTR, CVR
- Be adaptable, understanding and enforcing that a big idea can come from anywhere
- Understanding of industry and digital best practices coupled with a strong knowledge of platform/Industry/creative trends, in order to articulate and strategically apply to creative executions.
- Have a strong creative vision and understanding of client/ agency business needs and objectives, with a strong understanding of a brand in different spaces.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner
- High EQ
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations
- Some design or production experience (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc)
- Can combine creativity and analytics with the ability to convert into a story
- Innate curiosity and ability to adapt + be flexible, whether with new tools, platforms, processes, etc.
- Passionate about lead generation, retention marketing, and driving bottom line results. Loves “growth hacking”
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial company and drive immediate results
- You’re incredibly passionate about the Direct-To-Consumer space
- You love to push the boundaries of creative thinking and content
- You’re not romantically attached to creative but instead love to leverage data and insights to inform your creative approach
Unsure if you meet the qualifications? We are always looking for talent which will continue to cultivate an inclusive and representative team that will enhance our perspectives, skill sets, background, and behaviors. We encourage those who are passionate about what we do to apply!
- Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- Base Salary $95K - $125K
- Employer-sponsored 401k with match
- Medical, Dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Caregiver (Parental) Leave
- Health and Wellness benefits
We asked employees of VaynerMedia how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at VaynerMedia
170 (across EMEA)
Gender diversity (male:female)
103 (F) 80 (M)
London & Amsterdam