Location: Fully Remote, UK
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent, 40 hour week
Interviews: Max 3 stages totalling around 3.5 hours
Reports to: Head of Sales and Marketing. Regular meetings will be held to ensure monthly targets are met.
Salary: We have benchmarked a salary in the region of £40,000 -£45,000, dependent upon experience, and have a competitive commission structure in place that recognises your experience and potential.
Why join us? 👋
If you love technology and also staying on top of the news that matters, you’ll love life at Vable. We are a profitable SaaS business servicing the needs of international law firms and government departments, mostly in the USA and UK. We’re on a mission to help our clients become as efficient as possible when it comes to managing huge volumes of information - so that lawyers and business leaders can stay on top of the news that matters, and as a result make faster and better decisions.
Our enterprise news aggregation and alerting platform is used by over 50 global law firms. We are passionate about what we do - particularly, our Sales department. This is where you come in.
At Vable, we recognise that the key to growth is a high-performing sales team. That’s why we’re seeking an ambitious Sales Executive who has outgrown their current role and is looking for an opportunity to make a big splash in a small, but fast growing, SaaS business.
We would love to hear from you if you have the criteria below: 📬
- You have at least 3 years B2B SaaS sales experience
- Excellent understanding of the different stages of the sales pipeline
- Hands on experience with CRM software (ideally Hubspot)
- Fluent in written and spoken English and have strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills
- Fast learner with a passion for sales
- Self-motivated with a results driven approach
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
Nice to haves:
- A relevant degree
Why this role may excite you: 🎊
- We are a globally dispersed team of Vablers - currently a team of 23 and growing - 50% in engineering and 50% across People/ Sales / Marketing / Customer Success / Operations.
- We are a fully remote and a close-knit team. Communicating and checking in is our thing. Our CEO Matthew is based in Germany, our Lead Product Manager is in Bristol, our Head of Customer Success Emily is in Atlanta (USA), our Head of People & Culture Sarah is in Northern Ireland and our Engineering Team is in the Ukraine. See, we are dispersed! Most of our Vablers work throughout Europe.
- Our primary target audience consists of medium to large law firms in the USA and UK.
- We are profitable and have a proven business with an established client base of global law firms and professional organisations.
- We are moving into a rapid growth phase, funded from existing revenue streams and it’s a really exciting time to join Vable as we scale. You get to play a big part in this.
- We are a small team with a vibrant startup culture.
- This role is about nurturing and building relationships with our SQLs, understanding their problems and helping them cross the finish line to become Vable clients.
- This is an opportunity for the right person, who is meeting their targets, to rapidly grow and be at the forefront of helping Vable expand into new markets.
This is a great opportunity for you if you want to:
🤸♂️ Have a great amount of trust and autonomy given to you from day one
🌟 Have an established product that has proven success
💚 Join a great team, Matthew being your manager and the wider Vable team
🎢 Join a company looking to scale and who understands that People and their Customers are their greatest asset and culture is foremost
🌍 Be part of a remote and global team
The day-to-day job: 👩💻
While the below is not an exhaustive list of your duties, it outlines the bulk of the role on a day-to-day basis.
- Maintain an up to date list of target accounts and key contacts
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and prospects
- Build and maintain professional networks
- Stay current with trends and competitors to identify improvements or recommend new products
- Book meetings with and meet with potential clients to determine their needs
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on products and services
- Prepare and send quotes and proposals
- Participate on behalf of the company in exhibitions and conferences
- Work the Sales Pipeline; negotiate and close deals and meet sales targets
- Gather feedback from customers or prospects and share with internal teams
- Collect and analyse information and prepare data and sales reports
- Develop and maintain superior knowledge and expertise of the company's products and services and the competitive landscape.
About you: 👀
As a successful Sales Executive, we know you will be an excellent communicator and listener, and will be confident, competitive and motivated to continue that success. We will also be looking for the following:
- You will have a sense of coachability and can work independently to apply self-coaching
- Have empathy and an understanding of different buyer personas and feel comfortable reaching out to potential customers to demonstrate our services and products through email and online meetings
- You are adaptable and have a drive for curiosity and creativity
- You have an excellent work ethic and know success is a whole company effort
- You are able to work effectively within a remote team and have a desire to stay up to date with the latest industry trends
- You have passion in what you do and know how to make others feel excited about our product 😊
To be successful in this role, your values matter just as much as your skills. Does this sound like you? ✨
- We are Kind and Empathetic = Our behaviour and words assume the best in people, we ask and listen
- We are Always A Team = We are a globally dispersed team. We are bound together by accountability to ourselves and others
- We are Curious = A bunch from various backgrounds. We ask questions, plan things out, push the boundaries, challenge the status quo and welcome creativity
- We Take Ownership = We care deeply about the work that we do and strive for excellence. We are focused on our goals and love the details. We are accountable to ourselves and others.
Why work for Vable? 🌱
- We are characterised by pace, progress and change, and believe in unlocking everyone’s potential. Above all, we value the contributions each of our team members make and reward them
- We encourage constant learning so you can stay sharp and up to date
- We love and encourage creativity and bringing your true self to work
- We embrace people who have different opinions, perspectives and personalities and concentrate on the Cultural Add
- We provide comprehensive healthcare cover
- Get a MacBook, monitor and other required technical equipment when you join
- 33 days of paid leave a year inclusive of statutory holidays, which are based on where you live
- A £250 learning budget to encourage your growth and development
- Offer an Employee Assistance Programme through Oliva, with unlimited counselling
- We like our virtual socials and really do like to get to know everyone in the team
- We are well established, have been around for 18 years and have amazing clients
Ready to apply? 💌
- Great! Send us a CV and give us some context why you’d like to join Vable and feel you’d be a great add. All applicants are screened by Sarah, our Head of People and Operations or Suzanne, our People & Operations Exec, and may be called for an interview throughout anytime of the open role. If we think there might be a fit, an intro call will be set up, or we will let you know that we won’t be proceeding.
- Intro Call: You will meet Sarah or Suzanne first on a 30 minute zoom call; you don't need to prepare anything in advance. The idea is to see if it's a good option for both Vable and you. It’s time to discuss your background a little more and for us to answer any questions about the role, team, company or culture.
- Interview: If after the intro call, we’re both excited to proceed, you will be invited to a second stage interview with Matthew; CEO and Diana; Sales Executive. This interview will cover your experience, behaviours and personal traits. It should take no longer than 1 hour.
- Final Interview: Will usually be with Sarah, Head of People and Culture and may include another applicable Manager. This may include a role play or technical task and will be a chance for you to learn more about our company, culture and team and a chance for us to delve deeper into any areas of your background not yet discovered. This will take no longer than 1 hour and this is the final stage. For most candidates we expect the whole process to be no longer than 3-4 weeks.
🎥 We record all of our interviews, with your permission. It makes it easier as we are globally distributed and various members of the interview panel can rewatch and give you their full attention without having to take notes.
Vable is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Vable provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Vable is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Vable
Gender diversity (male:female)
Fully Remote and Global