Salary range: £65,000-110,000
Mid to senior positions available.
Voted by Forbes as one of the top 25 machine learning startups of 2021, and the CogX 2021 Best AI product in healthcare. V7's mission is to enable any business to create and leverage vision AI and solve any visual task.
If you’re not familiar with V7, here’s our product in 100 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMzpcremyIY&t=5s
We are a venture-backed team harnessing and curating the AI data of some of the world’s most ambitious tech companies and AI startups. What sets us apart is our team’s obsession with pushing our product to where AI will be three years from today. The product sells itself to the right user, yet we must continue to attract and hire incredibly smart people to continue this path.
V7 works with billions of training data images to create some of the world's most complex and general purpose AI models. Our back-end development is world-class and not short of challenges.
Team’s mission: Build backend services that enable our customers to import and export huge amounts of data (hundreds of millions of entities) in an elegant and performant way.
Technologies we use: Elixir, Python, Postgres, RabbitMQ, Docker, AWS
We are currently working on:
- Building a concurrent workflow systems with thousands events being processed per second
- Integrating cutting-edge deep learning research into our auto ml solution
- Serving billions of files in real time
- Optimising and designing database schemas to efficiently store and lookup hundreds of millions of rows
- Build services that scale into thousands of instances
- Building an automated performance testing suit for handling high concurrent load and integrating it into our CI/CD pipeline.
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in software development with examples of working on complex architectural problems and proven track record working with DBs
- Experience with functional programming, ideally Elixir. Experience with other languages like Haskell, Clojure, Scala and F# would also be considered.
- Strong experience with optimising/designing PostgreSQL queries and schemas
- Experience with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB / Elastic etc)
- Enjoy working in a diverse environment in a respectful and collaborative manner
- Fluent in English
Would be a plus:
- Strong experience with full-stack and/or frontend technologies
- Expert in other RDBMS and NoSQL
- Open-source contributions
- Experience in hiring and mentoring team members
- Unlimited vacation, just tell us when you need time off
- Stock options
- Work from anywhere
- Company retreats in stunning locations
- Paid tickets, accommodation, and travel to relevant conferences, nationally or internationally (NeurIPS, ICCV, CVPR, ...) to expand your network & knowledge during normal times
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options V7 provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure V7 is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at V7
Gender diversity (male:female)
$10million Seed stage