3–4 days/week at home
A little flex time
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
Having closed our Series B funding in April 2021, and looking ahead to our Series C, we're excited about the next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world. We’re a fast-growing team with over 180 Unminders across London, Sydney and New York and would love for you to join us as our Interim VP of People for 12-months.
Unite Behind Uniqueness
At Unmind we believe in 'uniting behind uniqueness' based on the belief that humans are endlessly unique and their opportunities are equally important. In order to fulfil our mission, we want our team to represent the diversity of our users which is why we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where we encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We want to foster a culture where everybody feels included, heard, and equal – regardless of age, disability, gender, neurodiversity, marital or parental status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
If there are any adjustments we can make that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply or email us at email@example.com.
Unmind is looking for an exceptional People Leader to join us an VP, People for 12months to cover a period of parental leave. You will lead a team of People & Talent experts, and help drive employee experience, culture, and performance to the next level. As a fast-growing startup in the tech-for-good space, we're looking for an experienced leader who is passionate about mental health and wellbeing, is both human-centric and results-centric, is dynamic and innovative, and has a track record of successfully scaling a company from Series B to Series C. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to make a real impact on the world and ensure Unmind remains a great place to work as we set about achieving our ambitious goals as a company.
We are looking for this role to start towards the end of April 2023.
What You'll Do In This Role
- Lead a talented People & Talent team and empower them to create an employee experience that gives each and every Unminder the best opportunity to flourish at work.
- Own the entire employee journey at Unmind, prioritising wellbeing alongside performance.
- Define best practice across all aspects of HR policy and execute the People strategy in support of Unmind’s overarching business ambitions.
- Develop a People growth strategy that focuses on developing and tapping into the potential of every Unminder. From leaders to managers, to teams, People growth will be a priority to retain, engage and inspire.
- Partner with senior leaders to translate their objectives into tailored People priorities that drive business growth.
- Represent the People voice in strategic leadership discussions and be the agent of Unmind's values, ethics, and cultural principles.
- Anticipate future opportunities and risks, and present ideas to help drive positive organisational evolution in service of our mission and goals.
- Start-up experience and a track record of scaling a company from Series B to Series C.
- Strong people development skills and an adaptable, solutions-focused approach to HR policy.
- Proven experience of embedding a successful People Development Strategy.
- Empathy and the ability to listen to and understand the experiences and perceptions of all people across Unmind.
- Data-informed, using people analytics to drive business performance and investment in people.
- Evidence-based, with a thorough understanding of HR thought leadership and willingness to draw on the latest research into workplace flourishing.
- Stakeholder influence, with impeccable judgment and the ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced and dynamic setting.
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and improving people's lives.
- Thrives in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Unmind Equity scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and celebration days
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Dog-friendly workplace
We believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here: tinyurl.com/bd8xsnrj
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Unmind provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Unmind is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Unmind
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, New York, Sydney
What employees are saying
"I love working here. I've worked in other companies that say they have a flexible working culture, but the reality doesn't match. At Unmind, I've felt trusted and empowered since day one to work the way that is right for me."
Anonymous Employee at Unmind