Unmind is the leading workplace wellbeing platform, on a mission to create mentally healthy workplaces where employees can flourish.
Grounded in science and built for enterprise, we drive people-first performance at some of the world’s biggest brands, including Uber, Major League Baseball, NHS, Disney, Standard Chartered, Mediacom and British Airways.
Our services support the whole organisation with data-driven performance insights for leaders, training for managers, wellbeing tools for all employees, as well as access to a global network of accredited mental health practitioners.
Our internal standards are as high as those of our clients. We’re an ambitious VC backed software business on the exhilarating 10-100M phase of our growth journey. Change is constant here so we embrace it - it’s hard and rewarding work and we’re determined to be our very best case study along the way.
Unmind believe high performance will hinge on the powerful harmony between our relentless drive for results and creating an environment that elevates our people's wellbeing. This wouldn’t be possible without a dedication to our core values:
- Be Human
- Grow Your Mind
- Innovate at Speed
- Inspire & Impact
To learn more about what these values mean to us, follow this link.
Our DEI commitment
We strive to build a workplace that celebrates our differences, where every Unminder feels included, equal, seen and heard. This is true regardless of your age, race, gender identity, religion or belief, marital or parental status, disability, neurodiversity, or sexual orientation.
We’re proud of our culture, but not smug. So if there’s anything we can do to make the hiring process more accessible, just let us know when you apply, or email email@example.com.
The Role – Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer, to join our Unmind Talk product teams. This is an incredible opportunity to be part of a team that is transforming mental wellbeing in the workplace. Our Talk product teams enable employees to book human-to-human support sessions within minutes, and equip practitioners with the resources and tools to support them to provide high-quality care.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Collaborate closely with the team’s Product Manager, Designer and engineers to solve complex product challenges
- Identify lean solutions and guide the team to find the right balance between between technical excellence and shipping value to our users
- Own existing (and future!) user facing features and the technical systems that power them - ensuring core journeys are covered by monitoring, automated alerting and tests at the appropriate level
- Represent your team’s domain in the wider engineering forums - contributing to shaping our technical direction, surfacing (and optimising) benefits to the developer experience and achieving engineering’s strategic goals
Skills and Experience
We encourage you to remove education from your CV upon application as qualifications are not a driving factor in our decision making and we are committed to tackling educational inequality. We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for this position:
- Production experience working with Golang, at a Senior Level
- Experience with other parts of our stack (React, TypeScript, NodeJs, GraphQL, AWS) or a willingness to learn
- You’re product-minded - passionate about delivering impactful solutions for our users, you wield tech debt strategically in order to help the team ship quickly and make pragmatic tradeoffs
- Comfortable operating in ambiguity (we’re a startup after-all) - remaining open-minded despite uncertainty and viewing change as an exciting opportunity to learn and grow
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full list of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Unmind Equity scheme
- Generous gender neutral parental leave
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and 2 celebration days
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays and 3pm finishes on Fridays June-August
- Hybrid working from dog-friendly Central London office (1 team day a week)
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Financial wellbeing support via Bippit
- Access to the Unmind platform, including Talk - book free, unlimited sessions with a therapist or coach
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Unmind provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Unmind is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Unmind
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, New York, Sydney