Unmind is the leading workplace wellbeing platform, on a mission to create mentally healthy workplaces where employees can flourish.
Grounded in science and built for enterprise, we drive people-first performance at some of the world’s biggest brands, including Uber, Major League Baseball, NHS, Disney, Standard Chartered, Mediacom and British Airways.
Our services support the whole organisation with data-driven performance insights for leaders, training for managers, wellbeing tools for all employees, as well as access to a global network of accredited mental health practitioners.
Our internal standards are as high as those of our clients. We’re an ambitious VC backed software business on the exhilarating 10-100M phase of our growth journey. It’s hard and rewarding work and we’re determined to be our very best case study along the way.
Unmind believe high performance will hinge on the powerful harmony between our relentless drive for results and creating an environment that elevates our people's wellbeing. This wouldn’t be possible without a dedication to our core values:
- Be Human
- Grow Your Mind
- Innovate at Speed
- Inspire & Impact
To learn more about what these values mean to us, follow this link.
Our DEI commitment
We strive to build a workplace that celebrates our differences, where every Unminder feels included, equal, seen and heard. This is true regardless of your age, race, gender identity, religion or belief, marital or parental status, disability, neurodiversity, or sexual orientation.
We’re proud of our culture, but not smug. So if there’s anything we can do to make the hiring process more accessible, just let us know when you apply, or email email@example.com.
The Role – Senior Product Manager | Talk
The world’s approach to therapy and coaching is changing - social norms are shifting and stigma is being eradicated. At Unmind, we’re on a mission to provide accessible mental health support for workplaces, ensuring employees can talk to someone, no matter how big or small a challenge they may be facing.
Unmind Talk is B2B2C digital therapy and coaching platform, which provides high-quality, remote care to employees across the globe. We’re looking for an exceptional individual to join us as a Senior Product Manager to own the employee-facing experience - helping users understand the benefits of therapy and coaching, matching them with the perfect practitioner and getting the most out of their care.
You’ll play a crucial role in Unmind’s strategy, leveraging best-in-class UX and technologies including AI to reach your goals. Reporting directly to the Product Lead, along with your product trio you’ll collaborate closely with our practitioner-facing product team as well as stakeholders in Clinical Quality, Operations and Commercial.
If you're passionate about revolutionising mental health for workplaces, thrive in a dynamic, complex environment and want to have a life changing impact on peoples lives, this is the role for you!
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Own the Talk employee-facing vision and strategy: Developing a clear vision for the product and a strategy to achieve it is a crucial part of this role. This also includes defining what success looks like for the product.
- Contribute to Unmind’s commercial goals: You’ll develop a strong understanding of the business side of Talk. You’ll have deep knowledge of client needs, business models, revenue streams, cost structures, and the overall market landscape. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the product not only lands with users, but drives towards Unmind’s financial goals and growth.
- Bring clarity and focus: You’ll be intentional about de-scoping work so we sit at the best part of the effort/payoff curve. You will be that guiding light to the team, focussing them on the highest value items, so we build what matters.
- Deliver at speed: You have velocity on your mind. You set the bar for working and learning at pace, so that everyone’s doing their best, delivering at speed while ensuring quality.
- Champion the user: You will represent Unmind users' perspective within Unmind. Are we building a product that people find valuable and use? You’ll also collaborate closely with our Product Marketing Manager to ensure that Talk is landing with our users and clients.
Skills and Experience
We encourage you to remove education from your CV upon application as qualifications are not a driving factor in our decision making and we are committed to tackling educational inequality. We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for this position:
- Commercial and strategic experience: we’re looking for someone who can own and drive the Talk employee (user) strategy. You should have experience getting deeply immersed in the commercial aspects of products you’ve worked on. You should often have “What could the future of Talk look like?” in the back of your mind.
- Data-informed: we’ve put a lot of work in over the years towards putting data front and centre of our product decision-making. So being not only comfortable looking at data but also enthusiastic about using it to inform your product decisions is vital.
- Rigorous but scrappy: Startup life rarely offers the luxury of doing a full multi-month discovery process before developing solutions. We talk to users regularly, but the focus is on impact, not perfection. We refer to this as our innovate at speed value. You should have a "no task too big or too small" attitude towards getting things done and be comfortable being super hands on to get stuff out the door.
- Always Learning: Tech moves fast. You should be passionate about what’s happening in the mental health space of course, but tech more broadly too. You are curious and stay updated with the latest trends, tools, and techniques in product, and the broader tech industry.
Here is some experience that would be extra special if you have it:
- Start-Up/Scale-Up Experience: If you have experience in start-ups or scale-ups, you likely have an ability to thrive in fast-paced, ambiguous environments. You’ll also likely have a hands-on approach to problem-solving, which is valuable to us.
- Marketplace Experience: With a background in marketplace products, you'll understand the dynamics of a multi-sided platform, with a knack for balancing diverse user needs, seamlessly blending service & product elements and ensuring sustainable growth.
- B2B Experience: Your B2B experience means you're skilled in handling longer sales cycles and complex stakeholder relationships, essential for catering to business clients and navigating the B2B landscape.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full list of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Unmind Equity scheme
- Generous gender neutral parental leave
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and 2 celebration days
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays and 3pm finishes on Fridays June-August
- Financial wellbeing support via Questis
- Access to the Unmind platform, including Talk - book free, unlimited sessions with a therapist or coach
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Unmind provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Unmind is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Unmind
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, New York, Sydney