Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
Having closed our Series B funding in April 2021, and looking ahead to our Series C, we're excited about the next stage of growth. We’re a fast-growing team with over 170 Unminders across London, Sydney and New York and would love for you to join us.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Sales Development Representative.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Sales Development Representative
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for creating and qualifying opportunities with prospective clients throughout EMEA and the rest of the world, directly impacting our ability to deliver on our mission; to deliver measurable change for 1,200 companies around the world by 2026.
We’re looking for someone who is extremely passionate about delivering the best prospect experience, unwaveringly candid, and exceptionally driven and target focussed. If you’re a highly ambitious, personable problem-solver that enjoys rolling up your sleeves, then this is your opportunity to join a fast-growth, high-impact startup.
As we continue to scale quickly, the focus and responsibilities of any position are likely to be dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at Unmind:
- Execute: Develop and execute targeted, personalised and innovative outreach campaigns that address organisational mental health challenges. This includes but is not limited to calls, emails, attending and running events.
- Collaborate: Create close working relationships with your ‘pod’ (each pod contains a junior & senior SDR & AE) as well as the wider sales development and account executive teams in order to hone our messaging.
- Learn: Become an expert on the HR and workplace wellbeing landscape within your region and utilise market insights to advise our go-to-market teams on segmentation, use cases, buyer personas, challenges and potential partnerships.
- Reflect: Review our existing outbound process and ensure we are always taking a unique approach to ‘opening doors’ into new prospect accounts that is reflective of our brand and culture.
- Challenge: Question the status quo from both prospects and teammates. Helping organisations to understand why this is critical, why Unmind is the best solution for their challenges and why they should act now.
- Optimise: Expert use of our CRM platforms to ensure that we leverage the large network we have created and nurture existing accounts we have already met.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
We're looking for people who have:
- Prior experience as a Sales Development Representative with a proven track record of exceeding personal targets, whilst successfully building and developing sales processes.
- Self motivated individual who thrives in autonomy. Confident in navigating a hybrid working environment with rapid growth and coping with ambiguity.
- Experience within a B2B SaaS environment and/or HR Tech.
- Strong experience working with relevant Sales Development technology platforms (such as Salesforce, Outreach.io, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn etc)
- Articulate communicator, both verbal and written– with the confidence to challenge the status quo externally when speaking to senior stakeholders.
- An analytical thinker who can use both quantitative and qualitative feedback to make informed decisions.
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader within workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Unmind provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Unmind is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Unmind
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, New York, Sydney
What employees are saying
"I love working here. I've worked in other companies that say they have a flexible working culture, but the reality doesn't match. At Unmind, I've felt trusted and empowered since day one to work the way that is right for me."
Anonymous Employee at Unmind