Unmind is the leading workplace wellbeing platform, on a mission to create mentally healthy workplaces where employees can flourish.
Grounded in science and built for enterprise, we drive people-first performance at some of the world’s biggest brands, including Uber, Major League Baseball, NHS, Disney, Standard Chartered, Mediacom and British Airways.
Our services support the whole organisation with data-driven performance insights for leaders, training for managers, wellbeing tools for all employees, as well as access to a global network of accredited mental health practitioners.
Our internal standards are as high as those of our clients. We’re an ambitious VC backed software business on the exhilarating 10-100M phase of our growth journey. Change is constant here so we embrace it - it’s hard and rewarding work and we’re determined to be our very best case study along the way.
Unmind believe high performance will hinge on the powerful harmony between our relentless drive for results and creating an environment that elevates our people's wellbeing. This wouldn’t be possible without a dedication to our core values:
- Be Human
- Grow Your Mind
- Innovate at Speed
- Inspire & Impact
To learn more about what these values mean to us, follow this link.
Our DEI commitment
We strive to build a workplace that celebrates our differences, where every Unminder feels included, equal, seen and heard. This is true regardless of your age, race, gender identity, religion or belief, marital or parental status, disability, neurodiversity, or sexual orientation.
We’re proud of our culture, but not smug. So if there’s anything we can do to make the hiring process more accessible, just let us know when you apply, or email email@example.com.
The Role - Global VP Marketing
Unmind is seeking an exceptional Global VP Marketing to join our dynamic team in New York.
In this pivotal role, you will lead our global marketing efforts, drive brand growth, and play a critical part in our mission to transform workplace wellbeing. Unmind is on a mission to transform mental health in Enterprise companies. Everyone has mental health, everyone knows that your mental health is intrinsically linked to performance, but in a tough economy it can be a challenge to convince a C-Suite to invest in it.
That is why we need a true innovator for this role. Reporting to the CCO, you will be responsible for developing our brand as a challenger, our voice as a trusted authority, our demand as a “mission critical” product, our community of ambassadors as a loved brand, and our reach as a global growth engine.
The ideal candidate has strong attention to detail who can create a high performing engine based on autonomy, accountability, and trust. Our goal is for Unmind to be the brand that all other marketeers aspire to be like.
In this role, you will get to:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy with a focus on the B2B SaaS sector, targeting CHROs and the C Suite of large enterprise organizations.
- Build and elevate the Unmind brand as a challenger in the industry, crafting a unique market position that resonates with our target audience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate the pain points of CHROs into compelling propositions that resonate with Unmind's offerings (Product Marketing & Value Based Sales / Force Management).
- Monitor and analyze market trends, competition, and customer insights to inform marketing strategies and identify growth opportunities.
- Lead the creation of a highly effective marketing go-to-market strategy, ensuring it aligns with our sales and customer success objectives and contributes to hypergrowth of revenue.
- Maximise the potential of our in house content team through the development of user stories, customer stories, and compelling content.
- Analyze performance and ROI to continuously improve our ability to exceed goals with increasing efficiency.
- Assist in the development of our product marketing strategy and partner with Sales, Customer Success and Product to help enable the whole commercial team in the GTM story.
Skills and Experience
We encourage you to remove education from your CV upon application as qualifications are not a driving factor in our decision making and we are committed to tackling educational inequality. We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for this position:
- Ideal candidate has strong experience in building and leading a revenue marketing function with limited resources in a high growth startup environment.
- Proven experience in B2B SaaS marketing targeting both customers (retention and expansion) and prospects, preferably in a similar stage startup.
- Experience in building, maintaining, and optimising a digital marketing strategy. Experience in efficient ABM a bonus.
- Demonstrated success in building and executing marketing strategies with a focus on HR in Enterprise, ideally a mix of top down and bottom up marketing.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with a track record of mentoring and leading high-performance global marketing teams.
- Proficiency in data-driven decision-making and ROI analysis.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Expert understanding of the modern marketing tech-stack and how to innovate with systems to get superior outcomes.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Experience of rolling out a content-first approach that demonstrate high quality of craft and execution.
- Proven experience in managing a product marketing team to systematically produce marketing assets and enable the wider business on product feature releases.
- Experience working closely with product teams and leadership.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full list of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Unmind Equity scheme
- Generous gender neutral parental leave
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and 2 celebration days
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays and 3pm finishes on Fridays June-August
- Hybrid working from dog-friendly Central London office (1 team day a week)
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Financial wellbeing support via Bippit
- Access to the Unmind platform, including Talk - book free, unlimited sessions with a therapist or coach
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Unmind provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Unmind is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Unmind
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, New York, Sydney