Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
Having closed our Series B funding in April 2021, and looking ahead to our Series C, we're excited about the next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world. We’re a fast-growing team with over 170 Unminders across London, Sydney and New York. We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Full Stack Engineer.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
One of our values is “Unite Behind Uniqueness” based on the belief that humans are endlessly unique and their opportunities are equally important. In order to fulfil our mission, we want our team to represent the diversity of our users which is why we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where we encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We want to foster a culture where everybody feels included, heard, and equal – regardless of age, disability, gender, neurodiversity, marital or parental status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
If there are any adjustments we can make that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply or email us at email@example.com.
The Role – Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join one of our client-focused teams, with the ultimate goal of enabling our clients to develop unrivalled wellbeing strategies to support their employees' mental health.
We move quickly, which means that the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at Unmind.
Build - You will be involved in solving complex problems, working closely with your cross-functional team, owning some of our existing client-facing features, on top of building an MVP for some new product offerings for our B2B users.
Own - You will be involved from ideation to deployment and beyond as we build key features of our platform and product. You will work closely with your team in finding the right balance between technical excellence and delivery of value that brings you closer to your North Star.
Drive - As a key member of a cross-functional team, you will contribute to technical discussions and will be involved in decision-making to ensure that Unmind is always using the most appropriate technologies and tools for the job.
Collaborate - You will work within a cross-functional team, consisting of Product Manager, Designer, Engineering Lead and Full-Stack Engineers, with various collaborators and stakeholders across the business such as the Science, Client Experience, Infrastructure & Data Teams.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience of the following is important for the role.
- Experience of working as a full-stack engineer. We don’t mind if you’ve previously leaned more towards the front or back-end but it would be useful if you have an appreciation for both.
- Some experience with our tech stack (React, Typescript, Node.js, GraphQL, ES2015, AWS, Cloud-based application development), with a willingness to pick up the rest.
- Experience of working in an agile environment with good engineering standards (testing, continuous improvement, frequent deployment).
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Excited to play a part in making Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Unmind Equity scheme
- Life Insurance and Pension
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and two celebration days
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Dog-friendly workplace
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Unmind provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Unmind is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Unmind
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, New York, Sydney