Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
Having closed our Series B funding in April 2021, and looking ahead to our Series C, we're excited about the next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world. We’re a fast-growing team with over 180 Unminders across London, Sydney and New York and would love for you to join us as our new FP&A Manager.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
One of our values is “Unite Behind Uniqueness” based on the belief that humans are endlessly unique and their opportunities are equally important. In order to fulfil our mission, we want our team to represent the diversity of our users which is why we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where we encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We want to foster a culture where everybody feels included, heard, and equal – regardless of age, disability, gender, neurodiversity, marital or parental status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
If there are any adjustments we can make that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply or email us at email@example.com.
The Role – FP&A Manager
Having closed our Series B funding in April 2021, and looking ahead to our Series C, the level of financial support and analysis we will need to achieve our plans will only continue to increase.
That is why we’re now hiring a brand new role and looking for an exceptional individual to join as a FP&A Manager. Currently reporting to our Director of Financial Planning & Performance, you will be providing financial insights and projections and will provide reliable data and analysis to be used in decision-making and planning.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Partner directly with key stakeholder groups to collaborate on metrics, goals, and business reviews
- Deep dive into financial data and become a subject matter expert to provide additional insights
- Own corporate projects and initiatives that impact the entire organisation including business-wide roll out of financial planning tool
- Create insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made
- Own the annual budget planning cycle and forecasting - Identify and research variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organisation
- Support global business decisions through the strategic planning of new product opportunities, new country opportunities, M&A and much more
We encourage you to remove education from your CV upon application as qualifications are not a driving factor in our decision making and we are committed to tackling educational inequality. We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for this role.
We're looking for people who have:
- A professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, ACA) would be beneficial
- Previous experience working within a commercial finance function as a Commercial or Finance Analyst
- Strong knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles
- Experience developing financial reports and metrics
- Strong modelling expertise, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Superior attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining a view of the big picture
- Demonstrated ability to influence others through effective verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects across an organisation
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Unmind Equity scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and celebration days
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Dog-friendly workplace
We believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here: tinyurl.com/bd8xsnrj
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Unmind provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Unmind is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Unmind
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, New York, Sydney
What employees are saying
"I love working here. I've worked in other companies that say they have a flexible working culture, but the reality doesn't match. At Unmind, I've felt trusted and empowered since day one to work the way that is right for me."
Anonymous Employee at Unmind