Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
Having closed our Series B funding in April 2021, and looking ahead to our Series C, we're excited about the next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world. We’re a high-performing team with 185 Unminders across London, Sydney and New York and would love to talk to you about our new role of Director of Business Operations.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
At Unmind we believe in “Uniting Behind Uniqueness” based on the belief that humans are endlessly unique and their opportunities are equally important. In order to fulfil our mission, we want our team to represent the diversity of our users which is why we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where we encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We want to foster a culture where everybody feels included, heard, and equal – regardless of age, disability, gender, neurodiversity, marital or parental status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
If there are any adjustments we can make that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply or email us at email@example.com.
The Role – Director of Business Operations
Reporting directly into Unmind's Chief of Staff, the Director of Business Operations will be a core member of Unmind’s Strategic Leadership Team, helping connect this critical community of leaders to Unmind's executive team. This role with play major part in the company’s ability to scale and positively influence millions of lives through the deployment of a world-class whole-person, whole-organisation approach to workplace wellbeing and mental health.
With a comprehensive 360-degree view across the business, the successful candidate will be well positioned to bring teams together, maximising their impact and “looking round corners” to take full advantage of any opportunities that present themselves across the organisation.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Unlock innovation at speed: The Director of Business Operations will bring high energy and real drive for execution at pace, able to work with a broad range of teams and help drive focus, efficiency and productivity across the organisation.
- Drive operational excellence: Manage the company-wide OKRs and KPIs, keeping the business aligned and on track against its commercial aspirations and mission.
- Transform internal communication: Continuously evaluate and improve internal communications channels, tools, and processes, ensuring they are effective, efficient, and aligned with business objectives and keep employees informed, motivated, and engaged.
- Unite, develop and inspire: As a key leader of our Strategic Leadership Team, you will help align, optimise and energise Unmind leaders and therefore their teams. Crafting clear comms, running effective meetings and owning impactful quarterly leadership business reviews will all form a part of this.
- Beautiful blend of operations and strategy: You’ll drive improvements with operational process whilst offering an informed, thoughtful, strategic opinion on a variety of subject matters. Strong analytical skills, with the ability to turn data into actionable insights.
We encourage you to remove education from your CV upon application as qualifications are not a driving factor in our decision making and we are committed to tackling educational inequality. We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for this position:
- Previous success of influencing operational excellence across complex organisations through the deployment of impactful strategies and OKR alignment.
- Experience scaling B2B SaaS business through Series C and beyond - this is essential
- Track record of driving organisational productivity and efficiency - has the data (and the stories) to back it all up.
- Excited by exploring the use of automation to streamline processes.
- Experience managing and developing a team of direct reports as well as leading through influence.
- Highly committed to thoughtful, clear communications. Evidence of effectively streamlining communications and helping expand this across all levels of organisations.
- At ease working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health, highly accountable and determined to #bethechange and get stuff done.
- Incredible energy, ambition, inspiring leadership skills, low ego, high IQ and EQ and a sense of purpose complementary to that of the wider company.
- Experience working closely with executive teams, and handling sensitive and confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Unmind Equity scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and celebration days
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Dog-friendly workplace
We believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here: tinyurl.com/bd8xsnrj
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Unmind provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Unmind is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Unmind
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, New York, Sydney
What employees are saying
"I love working here. I've worked in other companies that say they have a flexible working culture, but the reality doesn't match. At Unmind, I've felt trusted and empowered since day one to work the way that is right for me."
Anonymous Employee at Unmind