Unmind is a workplace mental health platform, and we’re immensely proud of what we’ve achieved so far, taking our place in the 5% of mental health apps that are robustly evaluated through RCTs, with demonstrated efficacy.
In a nutshell, we empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives, through access to trusted tools and information to manage their own mental health. On top of this, we’re changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health, supporting business leaders to build data-informed wellbeing strategies that enable their employees to flourish.
We’re a fast-growing team with over 170 Unminders across London, Sydney and New York and would love for you to join us as our new Clinical Psychologist.
The Role – Clinical Psychologist
We’re looking for a Clinical Psychologist to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for somebody with a background in clinical psychology, a solid knowledge of common mental health problems, and a desire to make a real impact in the world of digital mental health.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Create: Work closely with our Content team to elevate our digital content offering. You’ll bring your subject matter expertise to author evidence-based digital content, ensuring that you distill key concepts into engaging, informative material that has a tangible impact on users.
- Inspire: You’ll regularly visit our Unmind studio (located in Vauxhall). This will mean recording pieces to camera, both for our digital platform, and for distribution in our wider ecosystem (e.g. social media). You’ll also work closely with our creative teams to explore novel ways of content delivery.
- Engage: Deliver online workshops, roundtables and reflective spaces. You’ll create safe learning environments, and bring an expert clinical voice to a variety of mental health topics, and to a range of audiences, including mental health champions, managers and execs.
- Nurture: Use your clinical skills to support our Product Support team, helping them craft replies to users who contact us for mental health information, and offering informal monthly supervision.
- Own: Take ownership of our platform’s Help page, ensuring it’s up to date with relevant information and signposting resources, ensuring our global user base can access trustworthy information.
Ways of working
As clinical psychologists working within Unmind, we’ve turned the idea of a traditional MDT on its head. This means collaborating with product managers, commercial leaders, creatives and client specialists, all rowing together to achieve the same aim: to change the face of workplace mental health.
In this role you’ll report into our Head of Psychology (an experienced clinical psychologist). You’ll be part of the Science team, which is comprised of research scientists, science comms experts, and fellow psychologists. We have a strong professional identity and we’re well-established as the backbone of Unmind, working together to ensure everything we do is credible, ethical and effective. We have a solid team culture and we’re committed to excellence and innovation, striving for continuous improvement, and challenging each other to grow and learn.
Skills and Experience
- Doctorate in Clinical or Counselling Psychology, and at least two years' post-qualification experience in adult mental health.
- In-depth knowledge of evidence-based treatments for common mental health problems, with a demonstrated ability to translate this into engaging, effective content.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to engage a variety of audiences, and demonstrated experience of facilitating webinars and group-based sessions.
- Ability to synthesise literature, think critically, and converse on new topics and advancements in the field with confidence.
- Keen to appear on camera, and confident in being a brand ambassador for Unmind.
- Demonstrated excellence in stakeholder management, relationship building, and an ability to innovate at speed
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on our careers page, but they include:
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Unmind Equity scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off and celebration days
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Dog-friendly workplace
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
One of our values is “Unite Behind Uniqueness” based on the belief that humans are endlessly unique and their opportunities are equally important. In order to fulfil our mission, we want our team to represent the diversity of our users which is why we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where we encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We want to foster a culture where everybody feels included, heard, and equal – regardless of age, disability, gender, neurodiversity, marital or parental status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
If there are any adjustments we can make that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here: tinyurl.com/bd8xsnrj
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Unmind provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Unmind is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Unmind
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, New York, Sydney
What employees are saying
"I love working here. I've worked in other companies that say they have a flexible working culture, but the reality doesn't match. At Unmind, I've felt trusted and empowered since day one to work the way that is right for me."
Anonymous Employee at Unmind