Hybrid working in New York City/Remote US or Canada considered
$80-$120k (depending on skill level)
Unibuddy has experienced explosive growth since launching in 2017. We now work with 600 higher ed institutions in 35 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors, and we’re on course to achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choices in their higher ed journey.
Here’s where you come in
As our US Events Marketing Manager, you’ll be at the forefront of developing and delivering our US events marketing strategy to support Unibuddy’s growth goals.
You will plan and execute our US events marketing cadence to drive growth of both new and existing client accounts, working closely with the marketing team on all aspects of event marketing. In the US, we are still early in our growth trajectory and are building our institutional partner base - so there’s a lot of opportunity to have a direct hand in growing the business. This role is perfect if you’re an events and marketing expert who thrives in a fast paced environment - and are keen for a role that will incorporate all areas of event marketing; from conceptualization to promotion and delivery of event content.
- Planning and executing our presence at tradeshows and exhibitions, ensuring that we have eye-catching booths and show-stopping presentations - helping our sales team to evangelize our Unibuddy brand out on the road
- Owning the delivery of our hosted events, to attract thousands of attendees that in support of customer retention, account expansion, and new business growth objectives
- Working on every area of event marketing, including event conceptualization, content strategy, registration goals, promotion, customer involvement and post-event follow-up in collaboration with Revenue teams
- Experimenting with new event formats to drive brand engagement, demand generation and expansion within customer accounts
- Launching a series of on campus events, to support account-based marketing strategies
- Expanding our network within the sector by searching out and building relationships with brand advocates, influencers and higher education experts, to participate in and contribute to our events content
- Aligning events with the wider marketing team goals and campaigns
- Ensure our brand and tone of voice is consistently and compellingly represented in every event we attend or run
- Continuously measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of event marketing activity, including measuring the return-on-investment
This might be for you if
- Experience in high-velocity B2B events marketing and have success stories as well as lessons to share; SaaS experience a big plus
- Experience working on all areas of event marketing, from creative to promotion to content creation
- Experience working in, or demonstrated ability to flourish in, a fast-moving startup environment
- Goal and impact oriented, focused on delivering against targets and objectives for each event
- A hyper-organized individual who can juggle multiple projects and tasks at once, and thrives on a challenge
- Superb attention to detail to ensure your output is of consistently high quality
- Highly collaborative and knows how to leverage the expertise of other marketing team members to deliver high-quality experiences for prospects and customers
- Ability to be agile — you are flexible to re-prioritize on the fly without sacrificing utmost attention to detail
- A determined and resourceful problem solver with creative solutions
- Bring an “always learning” growth mindset to your work, and a desire to develop both as an event professional and an impactful marketer
Perks and Benefits
- Salary of $80-120k plus stock options.
- Highly flexible work culture. Hybrid/Fully remote in US/Canada. Flexible hours.
- 25 days of annual leave plus national holiday and 4 additional days for the Christmas break.
- Family-friendly policy. Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Latest MacBook or PC. Monitor for your home is also provided.
- Home working setup provided.
- Health insurance for you, and contributions for your family. Dental and vision optional.
- 401(K) matched 6%).
- Learning & development budget of $800 per year.
- Mental health support provided by Spill.
- Fully stocked WeWork office in a lively Manhattan neighborhood.
- Employee assistance program.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Bike and car parking facilities.
Students are at the heart of what we do. Our mission is to empower students to make the right decisions throughout their higher education journey. We provide higher ed institutions with the right tools to enable students to connect with each other, share experiences that create a sense of belonging, and feel confident in making one of the most crucial decisions of their life.
We rock! It’s our people that make us successful. We have 100 employees globally and a fantastic culture. But don’t take our word for it - we’re proud to be named by Built In as one of the best mid-sized companies to work for in the US, Mogul awarded us as a top 100 workplaces for benefits, and we won an award with Flexa as one of the most flexible EdTech & Education companies.
Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and showcase your motivations.
Not quite ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with the talent team at email@example.com
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Unibuddy provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Unibuddy is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Unibuddy
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, New York, Bangalore, Toronto, Taiwan
What employees are saying
"I love working at Unibuddy, we have a very flexible culture where our team understands life can get in the way. We're given the freedom to work around our needs."
Anonymous Marketing Team Member at Unibuddy