Fully flexible hours
Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London - UK, London - Ontario, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Lotte, Bell, Dominos, Starbucks, to RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
The website manager role is required to manage, maintain and evolve our marketing platforms constantly to our target audience. Every user and prospect engages with the Tyk platforms in some way within the conversion & deal pipeline (Starting as a site visitor that can become a customer). We’ve seen an increase in the amount of traffic and conversions throughout the website and other platforms and with increasing demand, we need to evolve our platforms further.
The website manager needs to be a critical thinker who’s able to come up with ideas, suggestions using HTML, CSS, Wordpress to develop solutions and take ownership of the entire website process. Because we're a remote business, great interpersonal communication skills with great attention to detail are key to collaborating with colleagues across countries and timezones. The website manager is also responsible for implementing the design of the website and ensuring brand consistency.
The role is goal focused to support the wider marketing teams website and docs marketing goals and to constantly find solutions to increase website and docs visibility (traffic) but also support the goals of leads, MQLs, SQLs, Deals. Implement website improvements and changes to marketing websites based on your own KPIs, A/B test with Brand and Content team to support Marketing goals and measure success.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
Manage, maintain and evolve Tyk’s marketing platforms
- Working with the Platforms and Performance team, this role is required to continuously add, improve and maintain the marketing platforms. This involves front-end and back-end development of the website, design, technical SEO, functionality improvements, WordPress user process. This includes full scope for;
- Tyk marketing website
- Partners Portal
- Docs site
- Community Forum
- Other external platforms. (3rd party sites and apps)
Quality control & updates
- Tyk is always evolving and improving it’s product offering so part of this role is to liaise with the marketing team to plan timed updates to review website content and ensure any timed content is consistent and accurate to any new changes or campaigns that are to be released. (Ensuring the shopfront reflects the storeroom)
- Ownership of all technical components of the website. Including upkeep, analytics, refining, reiterating. Managing website changes - i.e. we need a new widget. Technical SEO, website speed & security, GDPR.
Technical project management
- Whilst this is a development role, supporting marketing efforts is essential as well as managing all website requests from internal stakeholders. Also managing website projects from start to finish adhering to marketing related goals and user journey requirements.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Solid Experience in Website Development
- Strong project management within technical sprints
- Technical SEO
- Website design and development
- Advanced WordPress knowledge (including ACF and custom post types)
- CSS (sass/less)
- UX - An interest in user experience
- Google Analytics
- Google Optimize
- Graphic Design skills - Adobe CC and/or Figma
- Back-End Web Development
- Manages stakeholder expectations for deadlines and website conversion goals.
- Strong communication skills
- A great team player
- A problem solver to find solutions for fixes as well as user journey solutions.
- Goal focused and numbers driven to assist the wider marketing team to drive lLeads, MQLs, SQLs & Deals from the marketing website.
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holidays.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision - we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? - to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk - here’s how:
It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones - so try it, at least we can say we have!
The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA - starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free - sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
Trust starts with you - make it count!
Trust is a two-way street - instil it from day one!
Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back - we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
Make things better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them - change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io
We asked employees of Tyk how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Tyk
Gender diversity (male:female)
33% female, 67% male
London - UK, Atlanta - Georgia, Singapore, Canada
What employees are saying
"This is the first company where I really got what was promised in terms of flexibility. The leadership team does not care where I work from, so I can hop on a plane and work from a Portuguese beach if I want to. Or from a Swiss Alps resort! I get unlimited days off which allows me to focus on work, but also, focus on my family if I need to, even on short notice. If I need to take a break during the day, I just let my colleagues know and finish my tasks afterwards. It's exactly as it was advertised and it's great."
Anonymous Tyk Employee