Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London - UK, London - Ontario, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Lotte, Bell, Dominos, Starbucks, to RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
Tyk is one of the leading API management platforms competing on the market with AWS and Google. We are seen as ‘visionaries’ by Gartner and are looking for a snr. product manager to come help shape and bring that vision to life.
Product areas at Tyk are linked to the customer journeys involved in the API management lifecycle, so you’ll need to have a passion for understanding how technical teams work, and care about all interaction points in your product area, such as APIs, CLIs, documentation, GUIs and more.
Our Senior Product Managers at Tyk own their portfolio end to end and have a great level of autonomy in the decisions they take from vision and strategy to the releases and how we should market them.
Senior Product Managers at Tyk will own the direction, strategy and vision of a single product area, from concept through to release. In this outward facing role, you’ll be collaborating with every part of the business, as well as our customers and users, to define and validate your product direction.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Defining and maintaining the strategic roadmap for your product area in line with the wider company, product strategy and market needs
- Be constantly looking for ways to improve your product area to better suit the needs of our customers and wider market
- Prioritising themes of work and identifying how we can release value in small increments
- Provide ongoing communications about your product area to the rest of the organisation and to our customers to build momentum and excitement
- Communicating the customer and user needs of your product area for your delivery teams as well as the wider organisation
- Ongoing measuring and reporting of how your product area is performing by means of commercial, marketing and product usage data
- Empower the delivery teams in your product area to effectively translate your vision into a prioritised release plan - you should not be a bottleneck
- Develop a deep understanding of your entire product area and become the internal knowledge hub for your product area to make effective decisions and set expectations this should all be clearly documented and available for all to see
- Helping the commercial team to build effective pricing strategies for your product area
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience owning the end to end product lifecycle of technical products
- Effective stakeholder management, negotiation and collaboration skills (both internal and external) - there will be competing priorities that you’ll need to manage
- Customer centric mindset and data driven approach to product strategy
- Great communication skills - you will be responsible for pulling together multiple stakeholders with varying needs and expectations, you need to align everyone
- Clear understanding of how APIs work and the main challenges with managing APIs
- Product & Systems thinking - Tyk is a complex technical product and you’ll be required to understand the ins and outs of the full user and system lifecycle
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holidays.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Company retreats
We all share the same vision - we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? - to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk - here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones - so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA - starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free - sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you - make it count!
Trust is a two-way street - instil it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back - we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them - change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Tyk provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Tyk is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Tyk
Gender diversity (male:female)
33% female, 67% male
London - UK, Atlanta - Georgia, Singapore, Canada
What employees are saying
"This is the first company where I really got what was promised in terms of flexibility. The leadership team does not care where I work from, so I can hop on a plane and work from a Portuguese beach if I want to. Or from a Swiss Alps resort! I get unlimited days off which allows me to focus on work, but also, focus on my family if I need to, even on short notice. If I need to take a break during the day, I just let my colleagues know and finish my tasks afterwards. It's exactly as it was advertised and it's great."
Anonymous Tyk Employee