Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London - UK, London - Ontario, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Lotte, Bell, Dominos, Starbucks, to RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
We are on the lookout for a skilled Go Developer to contribute to our next-generation Cloud platform. If you're passionate about creating high-quality, customer-centric solutions and thrive in a collaborative environment, we want to hear from you.
As a Go Developer, you will play a pivotal role in designing and building cutting-edge solutions on our Cloud platform. Collaborating with Senior Product Managers, Technical Leads, UX Designers, QAs, and a team of talented engineers, you will bring our vision for the Cloud platform to life. This position also offers the opportunity to contribute significantly to our continuous improvement journey, focusing on pipeline automation, robust unit testing, and ensuring adherence to our engineering policies, processes, and standards.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
As a Golang Developer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our Cloud Platform. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Strategic Contribution: Collaborate with the Product Manager to contribute ideas and challenge existing strategies, actively participating in shaping the strategic direction of Tyk Cloud.
- Solution Development: Focus on creating high-quality, low technical debt solutions for our Cloud customers, encompassing infrastructure as code, pricing and proposition building, command line interface experiences, and analytics exporting.
- Ensure a healthy feature-to-debt ratio, emphasising the optimal experience for our users.
- Code Development and Design: Utilise well-accepted design patterns to enable future scaling of features.
- Collaborate with DevSecOps to embed a security-first approach in product iteration, ensuring releases are safe for our customers.
- Take ownership of code quality, maintainability, and flexibility.
- Automated Testing: Lead and promote a culture of automated testing for every new capability and bug fix.
- Advocate for solutions addressing non-functional use cases, such as technical debt reduction, documentation improvement, security, stability, and bug fixes.
- Adherence to Standards: Advocate and ensure adherence to Tyk coding standards, including the creation of test cases, comprehensive documentation, and driving high levels of automation in the pipeline process.
- Be a proponent of adopting the Scrum process, actively participating in definition of ready/done, improving estimation, and contributing to grooming sessions.
- Continuous Improvement: Contribute significantly to our continuous improvement agenda, advocating for clarity in user stories, improved estimation practices, and continuous testing.
- DevOps Culture: Embrace and foster a DevOps culture with a clear focus on release engineering quality and automation.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Strong backend engineering experience in Go
- Familiarity with Kubernetes or other orchestration tools
- Experience building applications in Go, C, C++
- Passionate about working on and contributing to Open Source
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience with Redis and MongoDB
- Experience with infrastructure as code, command line experiences, and cloud native technologies
- Strong understanding of multi-region / multi-provider Cloud environments
- Passion for continuously improvement software delivery lifecycle
- Experience of influencing and guiding product strategies through technical knowledge
- Hands on development experience with server development
- Team management and mentorship
- Deep working understanding of DevOps best practice, particularly in relation to release engineering
- Good working experience of security first software development
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holidays.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Volunteering Days
- Company retreats
- Employee Wellbeing platform
We all share the same vision - we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? - to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk - here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones - so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA - starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free - sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you - make it count!
Trust is a two-way street - instil it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back - we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them - change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io
We asked employees of Tyk how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Tyk
Gender diversity (male:female)
33% female, 67% male
London - UK, Atlanta - Georgia, Singapore, Canada