Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London - UK, London - Ontario, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Lotte, Bell, Dominos, Starbucks, to RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
Tyk is a leading provider of API Management software solutions and is looking for a commercially-minded, proactive and dynamic paralegal / junior team member to join its legal team. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing global business that is truly people-first, flexible and remote-default (although we do have offices in London, Atlanta, Singapore and Ontario for team members who prefer the office!).
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- This role at Tyk is super varied - so if you’re looking for a new challenge every day, this opportunity could be for you!
- A key focus will be on transactional support - helping our global sales teams with the review and negotiation of sales contracts.
- Reviewing and negotiating supplier agreements and NDAs.
- Reviewing and updating our in-house templates.
- Company secretarial support.
- Working closely with our fantastic People team on employment matters, alongside other departments in the business.
- Horizon scanning for new laws or changes in the law.
- Minute taking and action follow-up.
- Proactive managing of our internal legal monitoring programme.
- Preparing legal training for the wider business.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- UK Paralegal experience is required. Legally qualified candidates are also welcomed.
- A keen interest in the technology sector.
- Strong knowledge of commercial and contract law.
- Super organised, the ability to work independently and at pace.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and an ability to bring a commercial and solution-orientated approach to your work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that enable you to convey complex concepts in a clear and simple manner.
- Positive and collaborative team player.
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across departments and regions at all levels.
- Willingness to be challenged and get stuck in!
- Ability to work in a fast paced and growing business.
Here’s why you should join us:
- Everyone has unlimited paid holidays.
- We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
- Employee share scheme
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Volunteering Days
- Company retreats
- Employee Wellbeing platform
We all share the same vision - we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? - to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk - here’s how:
- It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones - so try it, at least we can say we have!
- The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA - starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free - sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
- Trust starts with you - make it count!
Trust is a two-way street - instil it from day one!
- Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back - we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
- Make things better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them - change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io
We asked employees of Tyk how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Tyk
Gender diversity (male:female)
33% female, 67% male
London - UK, Atlanta - Georgia, Singapore, Canada