In line with Crystal Ski, Lakes and Mountains current and future growth plans we are now actively recruiting for a brand-new role in the Commercial team. The Yield Manager, known internally as ‘Dynamic Trading Manager’ is responsible for developing and managing the trading strategy in the Ski, Lakes & Mountains business to ensure that all dynamic package volume and margin targets are achieved. You will ensure that performance is optimised to maximise volume and profit, whilst working with the Trading Manager to ensure core product and profitability is not negatively impacted. You will also play an active role in ancillary, product and aviation strategy, working with commercial stakeholders to deliver the overall commercial performance targets.
Before we tell you more about the role, let’s explain what ‘Dynamic Package’ means. We have an ever-growing portfolio of dynamic packages where we utilize both 3rd party flying and accommodation providers to ensure we offer our customers more choice and flexibility across our range of product. This role will oversee the trading of our ‘non-charter’ packages which covers worldwide destinations across our summer and winter programmes.
The role is based in Surbiton, but at TUI we believe work is something you do not somewhere you go. Therefore, we are happy to offer flexible working arrangements for this role and the successful candidate will work a blend of office and home working.
The closing date for applications is 3rd December
ABOUT THE JOB
- Implement price and margin policies and undertake competitor analysis to ensure current market positioning is optimal
- Work alongside the Bed Trading Manager to optimise bed performance through Dynamic flying gateways, identifying areas of challenge and opportunity for supplier support
- Provide detailed, insightful analysis to senior commercial management and pro-actively take a lead in planning promotional activity in order to deliver financial performance
- Take on Cyrus Parameter Management, ensuring all planned strategies are implemented correctly and in a timely fashion
- Undertake fluid pricing of on-sale stock through yield management practices to maximise margin from the very beginning of the sales process
- Analysing and identifying historic sales trends and using relevant demand data to take appropriate action to reduce or maximise the impact of these patterns, including the use of special offers
- Challenge costs delivered by suppliers and business colleagues where these result in prices that are unsatisfactory to the market
- Take key tactical and sales promotional decisions to boost awareness and sales, liasing with Marketing, e-Commerce, Creative Services and Trade Sales for delivery of such promotions.
- Work together with Product & Planning Managers to identify areas of growth and support with analysis and forecasting to create destination growth plans
- Support the Senior Aviation & Dynamic Manager to support the business growth in the dynamic space with development of systems and process
- Extensive Knowledge of Revenue, Price, and Yield Management: Essential for optimizing business strategies and maximizing profitability
- Managerial Experience in Relevant Industry: Management and industry understanding are crucial for making informed decisions and guiding the team effectively
- Strong Organisational and Analytical Skills: Key for effectively managing multiple tasks and projects within time-sensitive environments
- Expert Skill Level in Microsoft 365 Suite: Proficiency in this suite is important for seamless communication and collaboration within the team
- Motivational and Collaborative Manager: Being a hands-on and an inspiring manager is vital for leading a matrix team to success
- Adaptability and Innovation: Given the dynamic nature of the travel industry, the ability to adapt to change and bring innovative solutions is highly beneficial
- Excellent Communication Skills: Clear communication is essential for collaboration and ensuring everyone is aligned with business objectives
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance.
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)