Job title: Trading & Category Manager
Location: The Netherlands or Belgium
Contract terms: Full time – Fixed term to permanent
Are you ready to take charge and drive success across a new dynamic concept within TUI? This new concept is managed by a young, dynamic and progressive management team. The new concept is part of the TUI-family, but with its own personality and culture. For this new concept, we are looking for talented people, with a curious look on things, an energized attitude and a can-do mentality to bring the brand to life for customers, employees and colleagues.
If you’re passionate about crafting product strategy, optimizing pricing, and introducing innovative offerings, this is the perfect opportunity for you. As our Trading & Category Manager, you will be responsible for formulating product strategies, ensuring quality, implementing pricing and promotion policies, and targeting the right audience. Your sharp analytical skills will be put to use as you dive into sales data and trends, aiming to maximize profits and minimize risks. In this role, you’ll also play a pivotal part in managing a high-performing digital platform. Your mission: boost conversion rates to achieve agreed booking and revenue targets while keeping an eagle eye on margins and minimizing online discounts.
ABOUT THE JOB
In this role you will:
- Shape and execute the category strategy to ensure our product lineup’s success.
- Develop and implement an effective trading strategy that aligns with our objectives.
- Work to make our website responsive to trading needs, ensuring that web discounts and promotional tactics are used strategically to achieve sales forecasts while maximizing margins.
- Collaborate closely with brand & campaign, joint promo, CRM, and digital marketing teams to roll out impactful marketing campaigns on our website and app, ensuring message consistency across marketing channels.
- Build and nurture both internal and external relationships with stakeholders.
- Lead online sales efforts, closely monitoring digital KPIs, identifying trends and trading patterns in detail to inform actionable insights. Maximize mobile conversion rates by creating tailored merchandising and user experiences.Maintain and execute system changes and enhancements effectively.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following skills and competencies:
- Degree/Intellectual Skills: HBO/ Bachelor
- Required Relevant Work Experience: 3-5 years
- Experience in product or trading department in tourism sector
- Be an excellent communicator with fluent Dutch & English, and bonus points for other languages.
- Display a keen analytical mindset, with the ability to turn data into revenue-boosting opportunities. Experience with web analytics tools like GA or Adobe Analytics is a plus. Bring passion, a proactive attitude, a willingness to take risks, and an innovative, out-of-the-box mentality.
- Successful cross-cultural communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong creative judgment and attention to detail.
- A dynamic, entrepreneurial spirit, thriving in a climate of change and capable of juggling competing business priorities
ABOUT THE OFFER
- Challenging and international job;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme and life assurance;
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts;
- Forward thinking ways of working;
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel.
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)