TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Airline Operations IT is a global team within TUI technology responsible for Airline Technology. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated leader to join the newly formed Manpower and Crew Planning technology organisation which operates 24/7 IT systems for whole TUI Airline as well as Systems to support Crew Planning and Rostering.
Technology Team Lead is a key role within in the domain and is responsible for a leadership of 2 cross-functional teams and for the delivery of business value in line with business needs and TUI’s strategy. You need a strong track record of genuine delivery accountability in agile environments hands on delivery experience combined with successfully managing multiple initiatives and stakeholders in various situations.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Technology Team Lead, your role will see you tackling multiple challenges and working closely with the Head of Technology, your Technology Leads and with a varied set of stakeholders in TUI Airline especially in Manpower and Crew Planning in UK, Germany, Belgium and Netherlands. You’ll need to be resilient, innovative and engaging in your practices to guide your team to provide technology solutions that result in the best possible digital experiences for our users in Crew Planning Departments or our Cockpit and Cabin Crew.
You will need to have an awareness of a range of technologies along with the ability to understand
architecture and design of digital systems to effectively lead and support a team of Tech Leads, Business Analysts and Developers. You will define Project and System Roadmaps together with business stakeholders to drive IT system consolidation and support the transition towards a harmonized TUI Airline Organisation in Manpower and Crew Planning area.
In your role, one of your key responsibilities is to the people you support, ensuring that they are growing within their area of expertise, acquiring new skills, doing valuable work, working well together and feeling engaged and supported. You will act as a servant leader and enabler for your team, helping to develop and maintain delivery plans, timescales, resource requirements, key deliverables/milestones, risks and progress. You will take responsibility for expansion and further development of agility within your area and the domain. You will focus on helping your team to self-organise, and to keep increasing its capabilities and autonomy.
You will identify and actively manage impediments, assuring transparent communication on the progress, the impediments & solutions. You will excel at identifying, de-escalating and resolving conflicts within and between teams. In collaboration with the Head of Technology, you will also plan and manage costs of your team and pro-actively look for efficiencies and motivate your team to achieve the Objectives agreed for your team and the strategic results for the Airline Operations Domain as a whole. Where relevant, you will also take responsibility for prioritisation of work within technical teams.
You will be responsible for identification and recruitment of new talent into your team, coaching and mentoring existing and new team members and supporting their career development. You will focus on creating a culture of technical excellence, innovation, learning and continuous improvement.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Strong and passionate IT leader with 5+ year experience in managing diverse and international teams, ideally with experience in travel- or aviation industry
- You have long term experience in understanding business processes and requirements and working with IT teams to deliver needed solutions
- Passionate about and strong knowledge of agile delivery practices, delivering business value and driving continuous improvement
- Proven track record in delivering strategic projects in alignment with various international stakeholders and different background
- Able to understand technical concepts and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in defining strategies and bringing them to life
- Strong knowledge in project management and experience with transformation processes
- Strong analytical skills for problem solving and evaluation of different approaches including financial impact and creation of business cases
- Mastery of moderation, presentation, visualisation techniques and feedback methods with good influencing skills and the ability to make yourself understood to a wide range of staff including near shore/off shore colleagues and external partners
- Recognise that psychological safety is one of the key factors in creating high performing teams and organisations
- High standard of professional integrity and trustworthiness
- A true believer that autonomy, empowerment and accountability should be in the teams
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)