TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Enablers is a global team within TUI technology responsible for the effective delivery of IT capabilities that support our product teams building a world-class global digital travel experience using APIs, cloud & on-premises platforms and DevOps methodologies. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated leader to join the newly formed Enablers technology organisation which provides solutions, consultancy, education and guidance from getting started to running in the cloud (through the creation of cloud native, cost effective, reliable and secure solutions), as well as operational excellence on transient on-premises solutions being transitioned to cloud.
Technology Lead is a key role within the domain and is responsible for a leadership of one cross-functional team and for the delivery of business value in line with business needs and TUI’s strategy. You need a strong track record of genuine delivery accountability in agile environments hands on delivery experience combined with successfully managing multiple initiatives and stakeholders in various situations.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Technology Lead, your role will see you tackling multiple challenges and working closely with the Product Owner and with a varied set of stakeholders in various situations every day. You’ll need to be resilient, innovative and engaging in your practices to guide your team to provide technology solutions that result in the best possible digital experiences for our customers.
You will need to have an awareness of a range of technologies along with the ability to understand architecture and design of digital systems to effectively lead and support a team of varied on‑premises engineers transitioning to cloud roles, such as (and hence including) cloud engineers, cloud architects, cloud security architects, cloud analysts and other technology professionals.
In your role, one of your key responsibilities is to develop and maintain delivery plans, ensuring that timescales, resource requirements, key deliverables/milestones, risks and progress are tracked. You will act as a servant leader and enabler for your team, support the people, ensuring that they are growing within their area of expertise, acquiring new skills and doing valuable work.
You will take support the expansion and further development of agility within your area and the domain. You will focus on helping your team to self-organise, and to keep increasing its capabilities and autonomy.
You will identify and actively manage impediments, assuring transparent communication on the progress, the impediments & solutions. You will excel at identifying, de-escalating and resolving conflicts within and between teams. In collaboration with the Head of Technology, you will also plan and manage costs of your team and pro-actively look for efficiencies and motivate your team to achieve the agreed for your team/pod and the strategic results for the Enablers as a whole. Where relevant, you will also take responsibility for prioritisation of work within technical teams.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Passionate about and strong knowledge of agile delivery practices, delivering business value and driving continuous improvement
- Proven track record in delivering on-premises infrastructure provisioning and management services, securing availability, reliability and continuity of data centre assets, as well as self-service and automation services, in a cost effective and secure manner. You’ll have a history and/or strong interest on the operational excellence of the services under your responsibility, the transition of such services towards cloud-based technologies and the transformation of your team towards the offering of cloud enablement services.
- You are expected to have expertise in on-premises & user networks (such as the switch fabric, load balancers, SD-WAN, DWDM and others), internet connectivity (ISPs), corporate backbone (incl. WAN connections and routing), virtual private networks, domain and host config tools (such as DNS, DHCP, IP management, NTP or others), network protection assets (such as DDoS, IDS, IPS, AMP, firewalls or other) and on-prem CA serf-service tools. You are expected to be fascinated by all areas of knowledge of cloud platforms and highly interested on methods to transition to cloud infrastructure.
- Mastery of moderation, presentation, visualisation techniques and feedback methods with good influencing skills and the ability to make yourself understood to a wide range of staff including near shore/off shore colleagues or external partners
- High standard of professional integrity and trustworthiness
- A true believer that autonomy, empowerment and accountability should be in the teams
- Experience in leading and coaching others in an international environment.
- Great communicator, facilitator and influencer comfortable working with a variety of technology and business stakeholders
- Able to understand technical concepts and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Smart working (Flexible hours) and possibility of working remotely up to 100% or Hybrid from one of our offices.
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly diverse and virtual international team.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)