The Senior Press officer position reports into one of the Senior PR Managers and acts as an ambassador for and protects all TUI brands. This role is a key part of the press and ensures PR projects are delivered to a high standard. The role is at the front line of liaising with media and building key contacts throughout the business.
This role is responsible for devising and delivering creative storytelling that delivers impactful media coverage and ensures the brand reputation is protected through media relations. The senior press officer has responsibility for managing relationships with key external partners including agencies and internal stakeholders and is required to manage media activations including, trips, shoots, and events.
A hunger to seek out great stories from the business and work with media contacts to land coverage is key, as is the ability to juggle and manage multiple projects.
This role will work on a team rota for our reactive inbox with the Senior PR Manager on media responses to issues as well as being ready to help with the response in a crisis. You’ll also support in managing media responses to day-to-day issues and incidents.
At TUI we believe that work is something you do not somewhere you go, therefore we are pleased to advise we can consider a hybrid working model for this role. Closing date for applications will be Friday 1st December.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Working with the Senior PR Managers leading on the implementation of pro-active public relations activations for TUI brands
- Identifying opportunities and implementing tactical media relations in line with business needs and objectives, including lead ins and commentary.
- Leading the team in the day-to-day handling of press enquiries, both issues and non-issues related, writing, and pitching news releases.
- Respond to media (both in writing and over the phone) to share messaging on issues and correct any misreporting.
- Working with internal stakeholders and agency partners to develop and implement PR activations.
- Identifying opportunities for proactive PR stories, both nationally and regionally, and research new opportunities to appeal to consumer and trade press.
- Work closely with Brand and Retail Marketing, social media, and online teams to deliver integrated PR activities and synergy across all brand communications.
- Build relationships with internal teams to ensure accurate information is provided to media
- Organising film and photo shoots in resorts, in retail or at airports
- Monitoring the external reputation of the respective brands and responding to any issues accordingly.
- Building and develop relationships with key consumer and travel media (national and regional) and ensure a joined up and pro-active approach across the team.
- Identifying, developing, and supervising media placement for positive people stories
- Overseeing the monitoring and evaluation of press coverage and ensuring each PR project is evaluated.
- Taking responsibility for budget management of specific projects, trips and shoots and ensuring efficient tracking systems are in place.
- Working with Internal Communications and Social Media teams to ensure that internal and external announcements and messages are aligned and fit with the company values.
- Undertaking on call duties outside of office hours as part of a Rota across the PR team and be able to respond directly to the media in a way that allows us to limit any damage to our brands. Understanding when a situation needs escalating, making appropriate senior managers are given the right information.
- Experience of working with large consumer brands and developing and executing integrated proactive PR activations
- Experience of working in a busy Press Office environment or agency, juggling changing business priorities, and demonstrating commercial acumen and strong organisation skills
- Experience of managing issues communications and an ability to pre-empt and diffuse potentially difficult issues for the business diplomatically and discreetly.
- Ability to develop strong media contacts and experience of working with different media types and understanding the opportunities they provide.
- Experience and ability working with senior management and board level directors.
- Good networking skills, diplomacy, tact, calm under pressure and an ability to react quickly.
- Strategic thinking, and the ability to build creative PR plans from business strategy.
- Credibility as an ambassador for the business and ability to influence external audiences in an appropriate manner.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)