TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
Mobile is a global team within TUI technology responsible for TUI’s Mobile apps and Global Payment solutions. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, The Netherlands and Aviation, Cruises and destinations worldwide.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated iOS engineer to join the Mobile technology organisation which looks after TUI’s Mobile applications. Our aim is to enable intuitive and seamless digital customer and colleague experiences through innovative technology solutions. You’ll be working within cross-functional team of designers, developers and testers. Delivering across the entire app life cycle, from concept/design/build/deploy/test, right through to release to app stores and support.
This a great opportunity to join a team of innovative and passionate people, who are driving the development, operation, and ongoing evolution of mobile apps powering one of Europe’s largest travel and experience provider with over €6.5bn revenue per year.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a a Senior iOS Developer you will develop and extend the reach of our highly-rated existing applications, while helping to define the roadmap for future TUI apps. This will include collaborating with product owners and design colleagues to deliver inspirational travel apps, and continue to optimise their performance post release
- A key part of this role will be to develop and produce functional solutions with quality designs and code in accordance to architecture design standards, code standards and environment configuration management. You will also build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects and create and maintain a robust technical framework to support the apps
- Within this role you will also create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort. You will also seek continual improvements in delivery with the team to drive efficiency and productivity
- iOS development (iOS SDK, Xcode, ObjectiveC, Swift)
- Experience writing apps using SwiftUI and Combine
- Experience using MVVM and familiarity with other iOS Architecture patterns
- A good understanding of iOS UX/UI guidelines/best practices and the ability to engage with the creative team to deliver pragmatic solutions, balancing design, quality and velocity
- Flair for clean code, reusability, testability and readability (SOLID, TDD)
- Experience of writing User Interface Tests using XCUITests
- Solid understanding and practical knowledge of the full mobile development and application lifecycle
- Experience of working with Core Data
- Experience with mobile development issues related to performance optimisation, caching, security and native components / SDK’s
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation and external 3rd parties / suppliers
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)