TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Engagement Domain s a global team within TUI technology responsible for Mobile and Payments. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
The Quality Engineer Mobile is a practitioner and an advocate of quality-focused software delivery practices, ensuring high quality of software products and services with an appropriate toolkit of technologies and methods and with a DevSecOps mindset. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Quality Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Quality Engineer – Mobile, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables quality engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Being an enthusiast in creating flawlessly working software solutions for our customers, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation. You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects. With your advanced skillset for understanding and solving problems you are able to take full ownership of complex topics or multi-faceted initiatives and outcomes panning across your domain.
You use your deep technical skills to work with your team on defining, executing and maintaining efficient, highly automated test setups over the whole testing pyramid, from functional testing, integration and contract testing to performance and load testing. You are responsible for defining and executing an appropriate testing strategy that is aligned on domain level as well as ensuring the availability of suitable test data. You also help to realise efficient solution for assuring quality where automation comes up against its limitations. You coach and support your colleagues with deep knowledge to improve expertise in ensuring the quality of software products over the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications.
You coach and guide more junior Quality Engineers and help them to grow and develop their expertise. You help to continuously advance tooling, processes, and ways of working, always having our customers in mind, and thus embed all-team quality ownership. You also work with Product Owners to ensure testable feature specifications and champion approaches like test-driven development or behaviour-driven development. You tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Deep and proven practical knowledge of and expertise in quality assurance practices, tools and methods in an agile context and at scale.
- Strong technical prowess in all quality assurance areas including automation, functional, contract, integration, performance and load testing.
- Experienced within mobile (iOS & Android) application testing as well as Hybrid and Web apps.
- Deep practical knowledge of software engineering practices like BDD and TDD.
- Proven ability to define and execute quality strategies at scale.
- Strong knowledge and experience in test tools:
- Cucumber, Appium, RestAssured
- Charles Proxy
- Android Studio/Xcode
- CI/CD tools
- Postman or similar tool for API testing
- Basic Java, Kotlin & Swift coding skills would be an advantage.
- Strong experience in end-to-end application testing (restful services, frontend application, automation).
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services.
- Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset.
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills.
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics).
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous.
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Smart working (Flexible hours) and possibility of working remotely up to 100% or Hybrid from one of our offices.
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly, diverse and virtual international team.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)