United Kingdom | Luton | LU2 9NQ | Terminal Building, London Luton Airport
Hours per week:
Type of contract:
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Within TUI Group, TUI Airline regroups all airline activities across UK, Nordics, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Morocco, France, and the Dutch Antilles. Fleet and Capacity Management (FCM) is a function within our airline organisation. The Fleet and Capacity Management function operates as a multi-disciplinary team of experts ensuring the delivery of a cost-efficient solution for our aircraft capacity demands. The External Capacity Management (ECM) team reports into the FCM function and ensures the procurement and delivery of the external aircraft capacity.
As Key Account Manager, you will be responsible for defining, preparing and maintaining the operational interfaces between External Capacity Providers (ECP), and TUI’s Operational environment, by measuring the performance of these ECP’s both in advance of delivery and during the term of the lease agreement, and putting in place proactive controls and reactive corrective measures to redress shortfalls in delivery standards.
In practice this means you will
• Gather and align the requirements from TUI Airline, the TUI Airline’s AOCs and the TUI tour operator market’s stakeholders and guide both the internal TUI as external ECP teams to ensure proper implementation within the collaboration with the ECP;
• Work closely together with the Liaison Manager within the ECM team, with a wide group of internal TUI Airline stakeholders, the tour operator markets’ stakeholders;
• Support the Airline Operations teams in the field by early prevention of operational disturbances caused within the TUI/ECP collaboration and escalation of issues to ECP management;
• Be responsible for the project management leading to obtaining on-time and on-budget delivery of external aircraft capacity and you supervise that our ECPs deliver an on-time, quality product in accordance with the agreed contractual commitments;
• Working together with the Head of ECM during the procurement process, from market exploration, through commercial negotiation and final contracting , by applying your thoroughly built-up knowledge of the ECP’s organization and the requirements from TUI Airlines, its AOCs and the tour operator markets, ;
• Once the ECP’s operation for TUI has started, analyse, monitor and report on the ECP performance and identify, drive, develop and execute continuous performance improvement initiatives, both internally focused on the TUI way of working and externally with the ECP.
In this position you will work together with your peer Key Account Manager(s). Key Account Managers manage their own portfolio of ECPs and will represent their own dedicated TUI tour operator market. Key Account Managers are working closely together, and with the entire team of ECM, to identify and prioritize opportunities for performance improvement, innovation and design standardization across several suppliers and operational bases to enhance total value through stream-lining processes.
In this role, you’ll report to the Head of External Capacity Management.
Applications Close 21 November 2023
ABOUT THE JOB
As Key Account Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
• Developing and managing ECP relationships (mainly wet lease/ACMI suppliers from across Europe and USA/Canada) focussing on (compliance with) commercial conditions, setting-up and maintaining an optimal collaborative organization, operational preparation, operational delivery and evaluation/reconciliation through contract management, thereby ensuring reliable, on-time and on-budget operations by ECP.
• Acting as key representative of your own portfolio of ECPs within the ECM team, TUI Airline and the TUI Airline’s AOCs as well as representing TUI at the ECP.
• Driving the optimal implementation of all ECPs operating for the TUI Airline’s AOC(s) within your dedicated TUI market (either Northern Region / Western Region / Central Region).
• Working closely together with the Aviation Planning department in your dedicated TUI market .
• Collaborating smoothly with your colleague Key Account Manager responsible for the other set of ECPs and the other TUI market.
• Acting as escalation level for operational issues during the TUI OCC time window, in close conjunction with the TUI OCC Leasing team.
• Monitor OTP drivers for each ECP are being secured and executed by the operators.
• Participating in continuous improvement by analysing and reporting objective performance metrics such as OTP related to ECP controllable events, crew management & training, ground handling and OCC collaboration.
• Implementing and providing advice for continuous improvement of the TUI Standard in order to bring ECP quality in line with TUI passenger experience standards.
• Together with the wider ECM team, identifying relevant SLAs to further drive the performance of our ECPs, addressing required level of operational performance. Where necessary, identifying and implementing mitigating recovery plans, initiating and ensuring action plans are carried out to correct failures in performance.
• In accordance with the Liaison Manager, pro-actively engaging with ECPs, including frequent on-site visits, to develop continuous improvement whilst conducting oversight and management of strategies, performance and development of suppliers’ overall performance.
• Working together with the Head of ECM during the ECP procurement process.
• An experienced professional with a minimum of 5 Years’ experience in Aviation combined with the experience as a project manager for operationally and/or commercially focused Aviation projects.
• Exhibits business acumen to construct solutions to meet operational performance objectives.
• Understanding of the basics of procurement processes, including contracting, negotiation, SLA management and evaluation/reconciliation.
• Personal and professional credibility to establish effective internal and external relationships to Director level, and to coach and influence senior leaders.
• Ability to develop effective collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and evidence of using and creating informal networks and teams to improve buy-in and delivery. Excellent negotiating skills.
• Able to synthesize contradicting requirements into overall best solution.
• Able to interpret complex data to manage service performance.
• Able to make quick and well-informed decisions, even under high-pressured situations.
• Committed to high standards of performance and quality.
• Strategic thinker, identifying easily ways to capitalize on the organizations and supplier’s competitive strengths.
• Ability to understand and advocate for internal and external customer needs. Strong communicator, expresses concepts and direction confidently and clearly, builds positive and constructive relationships with others
• Role requires strong business English, both spoken and written, and involves some international travel
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
Your application is important to us and we aim to get back to you shortly after the closing date
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)