The UK&I Incident Management team is responsible for overseeing all aspects of incident management within TUI UK&I. The Incident Manager will be responsible for the triage, management, coordination, and communication of all high-profile incidents impacting TUI UK&I. In all incidents, the Incident Manager will collaborate with stakeholders across the tour operator, airline, and overseas teams.
In larger scale incidents and crisis, the Incident Manager will lead the UK&I Crisis Management Team (CMT) and will be responsible for making decisions and implementing policy and procedures in-line with current guidelines and established protocols. They will be responsible for leading the response, including briefing the UK&I Board and senior stakeholders and will define when additional senior support is required.
You will work closely with the Head of Crisis Planning and Incident Management, ensuring that our crisis response is fit for purpose and that all members of the CMT have the relevant training and support.
Because of the job requirements, you’ll be on a shift pattern, including at least one weekend every four weeks. We embrace a hybrid work style, allowing you to work from our offices (at least one day per week) or the comfort of your home. During the training program, there’s an initial need to regularly be at our head office in Luton on a weekly basis.
Now taking applications until 3rd December.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Incident Management Leadership: You will play a pivotal role in overseeing incident management within TUI UK&I, ensuring swift and effective responses to incidents that impact the company.
- Customer Safety and Brand Protection: Your guidance and oversight will be crucial in safeguarding both customers and the TUI brand during all incidents, enhancing customer trust and loyalty.
- Continuous Improvement: Implement and refine incident management processes to drive continuous improvement, enhancing the company’s ability to respond to future incidents more effectively.
- Preventative Measures: Identify trends and root causes of incidents, allowing the company to proactively implement preventative measures, reducing the likelihood of future incidents.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure that incident management practices align with relevant industry regulations and standards, reducing legal and compliance risks.
- Public Relations Support: Collaborate with the PR team to manage the communication strategy during incidents, helping to maintain the company’s reputation and brand image.
- Customer Feedback Integration: Incorporate customer feedback from incidents to drive improvements in service, demonstrating a commitment to listening and learning from customer experiences.
- Strategic Planning: Contribute to the development of long-term incident management and crisis response strategies, ensuring the company’s readiness for future challenges.
- Incident Management Expertise: Demonstrated experience in incident management, with a strong understanding of incident response protocols and best practices.
- Crisis Leadership: Ability to lead a Crisis Management Team and make critical decisions during high-stress situations, ensuring the company’s resilience and recovery.
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to brief senior stakeholders and provide clear, concise updates during incidents.
- Policy Implementation: Proficiency in implementing policies and procedures, ensuring they align with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Stakeholder Management: Effective management of relationships with senior stakeholders, board members, and external partners, demonstrating diplomacy and professionalism.
- Problem-Solving: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to assess complex situations, develop solutions, and mitigate risks effectively.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and make quick decisions to address emerging incidents and crises.
- Customer Focus: A commitment to customer safety and satisfaction, with a focus on protecting and enhancing the TUI brand’s reputation.
- Commercial: Ability to think commercially and strategically whilst ensuring full legal compliance is achieved and maintained where necessary.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application is important to us and we aim to get back to you shortly after the closing date
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)