TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Analytics & AI is a global team within TUI technology responsible for the customer experience. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
The Full Stack Software Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art software development practices, developing software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods and with a strong DevSecOps mindset, being able to tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Full Stack Software Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables software development skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Together with your team you will own the software products from conception to operation. Being an enthusiast in software engineering and software craftsmanship, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation. You will strive for a high degree of automation, clean architectures and high quality with a customer-centric mindset. You are able to select the right tools for the right jobs and thus solve the given business and technical problems in an efficient way. You show a commercial mentality, focusing on solving business problems in the best way. You will work in a cloud environment, especially AWS, and develop resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications. You have a good understanding of the AWS toolbox, leveraging AWS services and cloud design patterns in a micro-service landscape. You can tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation.
You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Profound knowledge of HTML5, CSS3/SCSS, as well as general understanding of UI design
- Knowledge of applying web delivery design principles for websites and web applications for a positive user experience.
- Good understanding of front-end performance aspects, analysis and optimisation
- Experience with implementing resource-oriented APIs (REST, GraphQL) on client and server side
- Proficiency in NodeJS,
- Experience with data persistence (SQL/noSQL)
- Expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools and services on AWS
- Confidence in Amazon Connect Configuration
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI (Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Ability to design, build, test, and deploy applications
- Experience in testing of frameworks (jest)
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true software craftsmanship mindset
ABOUT OUR OFFER:
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Smart working (Flexible hours) and possibility of working remotely up to 100% or Hybrid from one of our offices
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly diverse and virtual international team
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)