TUI Business: CIO Band: 5 Location(s):
Hours per week: 37,5 – 40 Type of contract: Permanent
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Customer Insights team is a global team within TUI technology responsible for the delivery & maintenance of TUI’s global Voice of The Customer solution. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Portugal, Spain, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands. We operate our Voice of Customer programme in partnership with a SAAS supplier to millions of TUI customers across the Europe.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
The Data Analyst is a critical thinker with a keen eye for detail and love for data, who actively consults with stakeholders, probes to create and communicate a common understanding of the business problem and supports his peers. Working within a fast-paced agile environment, the Data Analyst thinks outside of the box, loves collaborating across teams and is a lifelong learner.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Data Analyst, you are part of a cross-functional team that delivers Customer Insights product from conception to operation. You will collaborate with Architects, Tech. leads, Engineers, Testers, Business Stakeholders, Product owner and external 3rd party suppliers/stakeholders to clearly define, document and communicate requirements that will enable implementation of new changes and enhancements to our data platforms in an agile manner.
- To have an impact, we need a technologically capable, dynamic, and enthusiastic team player, who is the driving force of implementing a new way of collecting and using customer feedback using a SAAS platform integrated with various TUI systems and data lake across the markets.
- You’re driving the design of solution options, consulting with stakeholders, providing data driven answers and guiding your team to implement productive data driven services. You will be presented to TUI products and systems and after your excellent understanding, the expectation is to create business models, processes, data flows and their link to business capabilities to plan and deliver high quality data and dashboards to support the ongoing delivery of growth and digital transformation across our key markets.
- Working with a varied set of technology and senior business stakeholders, you support technology and business teams, document new business, user, and system requirements, considering impacts to upstream/ downstream services. You take ownership for the requirement lifecycle from planning through to elicitation, testing, delivery, and business acceptance. You are a trusted partner to your business stakeholders, understand their data needs and support them in the creation of strategies and a vision.
- As a Data Analyst you have a deep understanding of data specific business needs and using your excellent collaboration skills you enable your team to deliver the best data driven solutions.
- You know the different approaches of data engineering, have expert knowledge of using cloud databases and focus on solving business problems in the best possible way. You don’t shy away from diving deep into database structures and are capable of having in-depth discussions with your fellow engineering team.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas. You’re an active member in the Data community.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Excellent analytical skills to break down complex problems, identify relevant data sources and split the tasks into manageable steps, in order to enhance or create data products
- Hands-on working expertise in capturing data requirements with excellent analytical skills to transform and standardise data using normalisation, data mapping & modelling techniques to produce and maintain Data Schemas and Data Dictionaries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to discuss and share insights with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Expert knowledge of cloud databases (SQL, NoSQL), enterprise data warehouse structures, Data Management (CSV, JSON, Avro/Parquet), data pipelines and strong SQL and query language skills.
- Experience in teaching others and being a mentor/coach
- Track record of creating data driven dashboards, reports and perform data analytics to answer questions raised by the business and technical Stakeholders
- Hands-on working experience analysing and designing of Data ingestion, Data extraction & integrations patterns.
- Strong understanding of System integrations (ETL, ELT), GDPR, Cloud Services (AWS, Apigee), Python, Tableau and SaaS platform like Qualtrics will be beneficial.
- Know how of REST APIs and Microservices for the benefit of enriching operational and customer experience data.
- A good understanding & working experience with Agile software delivery including knowledge of Scrum and Kanban and tools (like Jira/Confluence)
- Demonstrable working experience of creating Agile User Stories, Epics and Acceptance Criteria/Scenarios
- Customer centric & passionate about delivering great data products and services
- Passionate about continuous improvement
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Competitive salary with commission scheme that rewards you for exceeding targets & discretionary bonus
- Private medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
- Discovery day – time to spend working at a local charity or community
- Investment in your development
- Pension scheme and life assurance.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)