As Commercial Manager In-house Ancillaries you will have a key role in the UK Ancillaries team driving ancillary revenue across our business. Your focus will be on pricing strategy, pricing optimisation and channel management.
This role will support the local ancillary pricing strategy and yield management activity to ensure we sell the right ancillary product, to the right customer at the right price, through the right channel taking in to account the local competitor landscape. As well as looking after both initial pricing and yield opportunities, you will work with central and local teams across the business to optimise the distribution of these products – this includes, but not limited to, improving our content, changing the way we display the products on our website or implementing promotions to increase sales.
Ancillaries is an exciting part of the business to work in, with ambitious growth plans in place of over the next 3 years. Ancillaries should be easy to book anytime, anywhere, for all customers. We aim to generate incremental margin for the business whilst also enhancing our customers’ holidays with valued extras.
We are happy to offer flexible working arrangements for this role and the successful candidate will work a blend of office and homeworking. Now taking applications until 27th November.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Work with the Senior Commercial Manager to drive the performance of the ancillaries product range. You’ll support yielding activity to maximise utilisation, drive conversion and manage channels through setting targets and continually seeking to improve performance.
- Constantly look at ways to innovate our pricing and yielding strategy through implementing trials and identifying opportunities to deliver incremental margin.
- Ensure that our distribution channels perform as per plan. You’ll regularly review and track performance of products against target. Working across the distribution channels, you will spot trends and hold channels to account when performance dips below target. All of this will be based on insights in the local market competitor landscape, products and pricing.
- Maintain a link with the Customer Insight team to understand changing market trends and tastes and consider what relevance this has for the ancillaries product range. You will consider how ancillaries can be complementary to the core product offering and how they could create differentiation for TUI UK & I without impacting overall revenue.
- Digital optimisation is a key enabler for ancillary conversion and you will ensure delivery of the optimisation plan for the year and be the contact for the UK Digital Marketing team. This will see you reporting back on optimisations that sit in the bookflow, manage my booking (MMB), confirmation page or the App. You will feedback to the Central Team any key learnings.
- You will work with the wider UK ancillaries team to support ideation and suggestions to the central ancillaries team for local market gaps, opportunities for new product and business development. You will also support your Line Manager with various ancillaries projects which have a direct impact on the customer proposition and the bottom line. All of the projects have the common aim to maximise business value. You will also directly feed into business cases for any new business developments linked to In-house ancillaries.
- You will also be responsible for leading, motivating and developing the In-house Commercial Executive, to ensure effective engagement and they successful delivery on their core objectives. Alongside this you will also matrix managing our key stakeholders in other areas of the business.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Strong commercial acumen, with ability to balance customer needs with commercial viability to make sound decisions.
- Analytical mindset, ability to process and understand complex data and communicate simple, top-line measures whilst understanding the granularity.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability in engaging, influencing and collaborating with internal stakeholders to set and work towards commercial targets.
- Strong relationship-building skills, with both UK stakeholders and the Central Ancillaries team.
- Customer and competition focused mindset, understanding the needs of the local market consumers, buying trends and behaviour – whilst considering ancillaries as a core part of the holiday proposition and not a ‘add on’.
- Strong initiative with the ability to deliver both working on own and in a team.
- Ability to drive forward improvements in processes and the way that we work.
- Team leadership skills, able to engage, coach and develop team members
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)