TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Customer Hub & Common Analytics is a global team within TUI technology responsible for group-wide Customer and Analytics platforms as well as integration technology for TUI’s Central Region. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the Data Integration team in the Customer Hub & Common Analytics technology organisation which integrates a large variety of systems for TUI’s business in the Central Region.
The Cloud Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art cloud engineering practices. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Cloud Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be part of a product team that builds and runs integrations between systems that are essential for TUI’s business. Being an enthusiast in cloud engineering with a DevSecOps mindset, you’ll use your excellent collaboration skills to work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs. You will work with your team to shape engineering processes and practices, promote quality-first ethos, champion continuous improvement and technical excellence. You will contribute to the delivery of technical solutions and will work within the product team to ensure the correct solution is engineered, addressing the technical needs and requirements of the business. You will achieve this by delivering changes across the IT stack in collaboration with the team, using cloud technologies and common automation, ensuring successful deliverables within agreed time and quality targets. You will diligently care about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
With your team you will design and implement secure, scalable, cloud-native solutions and be responsible for driving architecture, design, development, security and operations. You will use your strong technical skills to work with your colleagues to improve expertise in cloud solution architectures, infrastructure-as-code approaches, cloud-focused DevSecOps capabilities, tooling, processes, ways of working and the continuous improvement of CI/CD and automation. To achieve this, you will be required to understand AWS software technologies and the coding standards defined within TUI to create successful and quality deliverables. You will need to ensure that software development and delivery is consistent. You will take proactive corrective action where required, for example quality improvement of the software code and improving automation to enhance software delivery.
You have a proven record in delivering cloud enablement services to teams, supporting them in their adoption of the AWS (or other) cloud platform, with a strong focus on platform provisioning and configuration, onboarding and consultation, well-architected, operational health, platform security and FinOps services.
You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Applied knowledge of working with highly available, distributed systems and services in an AWS cloud environment
- Strong problem-solving skills with appropriate quality and quantity coupled with good communication skills
- Ability to own large pieces of work with team-wide impact
- Proven hands-on experience with AWS (especially EKS / Kubernetes) and in implementing scaled cloud systems, using a range of tools and services, infrastructure-as-code (Terraform), DevSecOps and security engineering practices
- Experience in enhancing and implementing monitoring of applications (e.g. Grafana)
- Ability to analyze the performance of applications in order to guide the development team for optimizations
- Experience with technologies like Git (preferably Gitlab), AWS databases, AWS OpenSearch, Kibana, Linkerd
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Expected to take care of FinOps to ensure right-sizing and find potential optimizations
- Strong knowledge of networking technologies, e.g. IP, DNS, firewalling, load-balancing and VPNs
- Programming skills in Java are helpful, but not mandatory
- Up-to-date knowledge of cybersecurity threats, current best practices, threat modelling and risk mitigation techniques
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset
- Be an advocate of the DevOps culture and principles.
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics)
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)