TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Common Analytics is a global team within TUI technology responsible for enabling all TUI colleagues, from engineers to business users with analytics capabilities. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
The Business Analyst is a critical thinker with a keen eye for detail. Actively consulting with stakeholders, probing to create and communicate a common understanding of the problem that needs solving. Working within a fast-paced agile environment, the Business Analyst thinks outside of the box, loves collaborating across teams and is a lifelong learner.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Business Analyst, you are part of a cross-functional team that delivers Tableau and Alteryx from conception to operation. You will collaborate with all types of users and across all hierarchies to clearly define, document and communicate requirements that will enable implementation of new changes and enhancements to our digital platforms in an agile manner. Therefore, experience in Tableau is a key qualification for the job.
You’re responsible for evaluating solution options, consulting with stakeholders as needed to define and articulate business needs in a way that enables the design and delivery of technical solutions that add value across TUI global platforms and services. You use your deep understanding of TUI products and systems, business models, processes, data flows and their link to business capabilities to plan and deliver the right capabilities that supports the ongoing delivery of growth and digital transformation across our key markets.
As a Business Analyst you distil the needs of business and using your strong collaboration skills you support your team to deliver the best solutions to our colleague’s needs. You are commercially astute, focusing on solving business problems in the best way.
You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas. You’re an active member in the Business Analyst community.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Strong analytical skills and commercial acumen. Adept at understanding complex problems and communicating findings to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborative approach, able to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders and facilitate agreement across multiple markets in a global structure
- Experience creating, analysing and validating detailed functional specifications and elements of systems design; including data rules, business rules, wireframes or other detailed deliverables that articulate how a business need should be satisfied
- You will be working with Tableau and Alteryx and make sure the systems are aligned with our business requirements, hence a deep understanding of both systems is essential
- Good track record of successfully using requirements elicitation and communication techniques including workshop facilitation, documentation analysis, interviewing and brainstorming
- Identify users’ needs and translating these into governance or concepts, which can be applied in a self-service manner
- Knowledge of Jira Service Desk automations is beneficial
- Technical understanding of cloud and server infrastructure of benefit for this role
- Great coordination skill to coordinate upgrades across multiple regions and IT departments involved
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Passionate about continuous improvement
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel.
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)