TUI Business: Northern Region Band: 6 Location(s):
United Kingdom | Luton | LU2 9TN | Wigmore House
Hours per week: 37.5 Type of contract: Fixed term 12 Months
*This is a 12-month placement which is based in Luton; to be eligible to apply you must be in your penultimate year of university.
* Starting salary for the role is £23,550 per annum with fantastic progression and incremental roll off salary (pay review pending).
** Currently TUI is unable to provide visa sponsorship, you must have permanent right to live and work in the UK without sponsorship to be eligible to apply. This includes applicants in possession of a Tier 4 Student visa.
*** We have an under-representation of ethnic minority colleagues at TUI and therefore welcome applications from people who come from these groups.
Want to get your career off to a flying start? The sky’s the limit with TUI. We’re the world’s number one tourism business, operating in around 180 destinations worldwide, which means limitless global opportunities for you and your future.
As part of our placement programme, you’ll spend one invaluable year working right at the heart of our business – with real responsibilities, and the chance to work on real projects. You’ll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues. You’ll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we’ll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
We have various roles on offer across our Marketing and Merchandising Teams. The Digital Sales & Merchandising role sits within our expanding Digital team. This is the team who manage all the websites across the TUI UK & Ireland business from Beach Holidays to Cruises to City Breaks and Tours. Our website, www.tui.co.uk, is responsible for driving over 65% of bookings, which you would support by making a range of on-site campaigns that balance customer needs with the broader business and eCommerce goals.
Our marketing role sits within TUI UKs marketing division. It is this team who co-ordinate, create and execute our marketing campaigns across a variety of media channels, and this opportunity puts you right at the heart of the action.
The First Choice Social Media role sits in the First Choice marketing team. It’s an exciting time for First Choice as the business is still fresh post launch with a very exciting few years ahead. Already an established player in travel, the brand, led by a young, dynamic and forward-thinking leadership team, is back with an impact. Whilst still a valued part of the TUI family, the new First Choice has its own distinct personality and culture and we’re looking for talented people with a curious outlook, energetic mind-set and can-do attitude to help bring it to life.
All teams are based out of our modern and vibrant head office in Luton where the successful candidate would work 1-2 days a week, with flexible hybrid working available on the other days.
We recruit on a rolling basis and therefore recommend that you apply as soon as possible to be in with the best chance.
ABOUT THE JOBS
Digital Sales & Merchandising:
Joining up with our large Digital Sales & Merchandising team, you will be working in a fast-paced commercial environment and be making data-driven decisions to improve website trading performance, whilst ensuring the user experience is inspirational, engaging and relevant.
The Digital Sales & Merchandising role is after a creative thinker who will be able to bring new and exciting ideas to the team. Analytical and naturally inquisitive, you will have the ability to interpret trading and test results data, identify trends and recommend actionable change. You will be able to work well under pressure and thrive on working under tight deadlines.
Working with the rest of the Digital Sales & Merchandising team, as well as with the commercial, trading and analytics teams, you will be responsible for developing and executing a range of onsite merchandising campaigns. These will all help ensure our key trading priorities are supported, as well as drive forward our onsite personalisation and A/B testing strategy across desktop and mobile.
You will also work closely with the Content, Digital Marketing, User Experience and Design teams to build engaging, digital and integrated campaigns that balance both customer and business needs, at the same time as keeping a close eye on travel websites and industry trends.
Marketing Roles – We have several marketing roles on offer across TUI and First Choice. To give you a flavour of a what the roles might involve, some examples of the work you could be doing include:
Brand Marketing – TUI
The Brand Marketing role will support in the planning and implementation of UK marketing activity as part of the wider Brand Marketing team. The Brand Marketing team works across a variety of media channels including TV, print, OOH, radio, digital and partnerships. You will work closely with agencies and internal stakeholders, providing administrative and ad-hoc project support to the Brand Marketing team.
In your year, you will help coordinate and deliver cross-channel brand marketing campaigns, aimed at driving awareness and consideration in line with the agreed comms priorities. You will also have the opportunity to brief in-house design teams and external creative agencies, media agencies and suppliers, to activate ATL marketing activity.
It will also be important to develop effective relationships with all marketing disciplines across the business to ensure seamless campaign integration, including Web, PR, Social, PPC, Content and CRM, and work with internal stakeholders such as Trading, Product and Customer Insights to gather information to inform campaign briefs.
Content Planning Executive
As part of the Content Strategy & Planning Team, you’ll support the development and maintenance of a Content calendar ensuring alignment between commercial priorities and Content plans (such as seasonal campaign launches and brochure rounds) allowing for a single view of work streams across the team and help to prioritise projects.
To support our Content Strategy team, you will be asked to conduct competitor research, review content types in the industry, find yourself presenting key trading information at team meetings and organising workshops to improve processes with the wider business.
You will also support initiatives that improve visibility of departmental workflows, monitor analytics across our briefing system to ensure that best practise is being adhered to, and attend relevant meetings alongside other teams (such as eCommerce, Merchandising, Brand and Product) throughout your year with us.
Social Media Marketing – First Choice
We are looking for an eager, ambitious and innovative Social Media Placement Student to support the First Choice team. This role will support on the day to day running of the Social Media team, as well as supporting on a wide range of touch points across the business in line with the Social Media functions.
Your main responsibilities would be to support the Social Media team on the general running of our social media channels. This will include but is not limited to: scheduling and publishing content, content calendar support, content sourcing and content filing. Additionally, you would work closely with our customer service teams and focus on community engagement by engaging with customers via our channels, engaging with other brand/posts/partners and engaging with influencers/content creators.
You would also:
- Help support the UGC and EGC content processes
- Keep up to date with current social trends
- Support on ideation of new social content
- Assist on content creation
- Support the team on contracts for influencers, partners and competitions
- Assist on influencer logistics (e.g. booking shoots)
- Support on paid social campaigns
- Assist on affiliate/partner opportunities
ABOUT YOU – for all roles, we are looking for:
- Commercially aware with a passion for sales, merchandising, marketing or social media
- For the social media role, the ability to the use social platforms such as Instagram, TikTok etc is needed and experience with programmes such as Adobe Suite, Canva and Capcut would be beneficial.
- A proactive self-starter and strong team player with ability to build lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Creative thinker who is customer obsessed
- Well-developed communication and analytical skills
- Structured, focused and enthusiastic to learn
- Proactive, curious and conscientious
- Confident and able to work under pressure
- Ability to juggle priorities and stay focused under pressure, with strong attention to detail.
- Seeks to understand others’ perspectives
- Hunger for learning, with a minimum of GCSE grade 4 or C (or equivalent) in English and Maths, and a commitment to completing a placement year (starting in 2024) as part of your third year at university
- Proficient user of the MS office suite
- And finally, it helps if you love holidays as we are all passionate about the full experience gain through travel that creates memories that last a lifetime
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Competitive salary with commission scheme that rewards you for exceeding targets & discretionary bonus
- Private medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
- Discovery day – time to spend working at a local charity or community
- Investment in your development
- Pension scheme and life assurance.
- Be Rewarded Platform
- Buddies – every new placement gets a buddy from around the business
- Mentors – provide a mentor to all of our placements
- Contact with business directors – through welcome meetings and project presentations
- Blog and options for content creation – there is the opportunity for you to be creative with content creation whilst on their year here
- All the employee networks
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
We are part of the Disability Confident Scheme and welcome disabled applicants. As users of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)