* This is a 12-month placement which is based in Surbiton; to be eligible to apply you must be in your penultimate year of university.
* Starting salary for the role is £25,800 per annum with fantastic progression and incremental roll off salary.
** Currently TUI is unable to provide visa sponsorship, you must have permanent right to live and work in the UK without sponsorship to be eligible to apply. This includes applicants in possession of a Tier 4 Student visa.
*** We have an under-representation of people from ethnic minorities and welcome applications from these groups.
Want to get your career off to a flying start? The sky’s the limit with TUI. We’re the world’s number one tourism business, operating in around 180 destinations worldwide, which means limitless global opportunities for you and your future.
As part of our placement programme, you’ll spend one invaluable year working right at the heart of our business – with real responsibilities, and the chance to work on real projects. You’ll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues. You’ll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we’ll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
Our Commercial team help design, develop and deliver dream holidays for our customers, delivering growth and profitability through cleverly managing price, focusing on cost and controlling the availability of our products. From liaising with hotel buyers, to forecasting travel trends, developing holiday brochures, and pricing holidays – it’s all in a day’s work in this area of our business.
ABOUT THE JOB
With this Placement Role, you’ll spend 12 months in the Crystal Ski Holidays and TUI Lakes and Mountains team in Surbiton, gaining a full insight into our Commercial function and wider Ski, Lakes and Mountains business, supporting a portfolio of destinations, and making important commercial decisions which will drive forward the strategy and profitability of TUI. We have two roles available: Product and Planning Executive and Product Development Executive.
As a Product and Planning Executive, you will be:
- Responsible for supporting the planning and product activity for your allocated destinations, which includes ensuring we have the right mix of hotels, destinations, and concepts on offer to match customer demand.
- Performance analysis of units, resorts and countries to highlight opportunities and risks to support tactical pricing activity as well as longer-term strategic planning.
- Take a leading role in the quality control of our accommodations using customer data to improve quality with stakeholders from around the wider business.
- Support our sales channels on any customer queries that they may have and where necessary passing on information to the Content team to ensure we are providing customers with the information that they require.
- Work with a wide range of teams across the business to deliver our web content and printed brochures, ensuring our products are promoted correctly across all our distribution channels.
- Monitor and report on competitor activity and performance as well as analysing and predicting market trends.
- Bringing new accommodations to market.
- Regularly interact with other business areas and support the wider commercial team on ah-hoc projects.
As a Product Development Executive, you will be:
- Supporting the Product Development manager in transforming high level business challenges into compelling customer propositions.
- Working closely with sales, marketing, commercial, digital, purchasing and overseas teams to test and launch new concepts and evaluate the effectiveness of existing propositions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Ski, Lakes and Mountains diverse customer and use this knowledge to improve existing customer propositions.
- Ensuring that customer centricity is a core focus in our everyday decision making.
- Drive innovation throughout the wider business.
- Championing the discovery and delivery of meaningful and actionable customer insights across all divisions and locations to inform customer propositions, and support the Product Development Strategy.
- Develop a close working relationship with the customer insights part of our business, to formulate customer research plans and convert results into meaningful results.
- Natural drive to achieve both individual and business results.
- Solution-orientated mindset.
- High level of attention to detail.
- A challenging and inquisitive attitude.
- Brings innovative ideas and insights.
- Engages and collaborates with others.
- Adapts and shows resilience if faced with adversity.
- Strong communication skills.
- Hunger for learning, with a minimum of GCSE grade 4 or C (or equivalent) in English and Maths, and a commitment to completing a placement year (starting in 2024) as part of your third year at university.
- A passion for travel.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Competitive salary with commission scheme that rewards you for exceeding targets & discretionary bonus
- Private medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
- Discovery day – time to spend working at a local charity or community
- Investment in your development
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Be Rewarded Platform
- Buddies – every new placement gets a buddy from around the business
- Mentors – provide a mentor to all of our placements
- Contact with business directors – through welcome meetings and project presentations
- Blog and options for content creation – there is the opportunity for you to be creative with content creation whilst on their year here
- All the employee networks
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
We are part of the Disability Confident Scheme and welcome disabled applicants.. As users of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)