Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan and Dublin. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Coinbase and Nutmeg… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new areas all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
First impressions are crucial. The Experience Design team (XD) owns TrueLayer’s public website, and the team is responsible for a lot of people’s first impressions of the brand. As TrueLayer scales at lightning speed across the world, the number of first impressions we’re responsible for grows by the day. Our job is to create fresh, immersive and captivating experiences that communicate what we do and how we’re changing the way the world pays. To engage users no matter who they are or what language they speak. As a Freelance Web Developer, your long-term goal will be to build a best-in-class, award-winning B2B site that reflects TrueLayer’s status as an innovative payments company: one that is visually stunning, performant, accessible and technically correct at every level. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and we know we have a long way to go, so we need your help to build the culture of collaboration, continual improvement and engineering excellence that will get us there. You will also have the opportunity to align with other peers in the XD team, collaborate with researchers, designers, copywriters and marketers, gain familiarity with the latest tools, processes and technologies, as well as contributing to and using a brand new, cutting-edge Design System we’ve built in-house. Our technology stack:
- Jest / Testing Library / Cypress
- Storyblok (CMS)
What we expect from you as a Web Developer:
- Develop, expand and maintain the website using ReactJS, Typescript, HTML/CSS
- Work with cross-functional squads of designers, researchers, copywriters and marketers to scope & shape pages & features, advising on best practices and feasibility
- Transform Figma mock-ups into beautifully coded online pages & features
- Plan & prioritise initiatives and projects on a quarterly basis in accordance with business need and company strategic objectives
- Ensure all new code is covered with unit and integration tests
- Maintain and administer our CMS integration, being a point of contact and support on for marketing teams on publishing, enablement and ensuring smooth day-to-day operation.
- Monitor and continually optimise frontend performance, ensuring speedy load times
- Setup analytics integrations, configure events, and maintain dashboards
- Ensure compliance with relevant e-privacy laws, configure compliance integrations
- Ensure adherence to best practices in accessibility, localisation and technical SEO
- Test changes across multiple browsers and devices, and debug as necessary
- Experience building modern websites
- Experience working with and integrating a Headless CMS
- Strong experience with Gatsby, GraphQL, Typescript, and React
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility and accessibility issues
- Experience with API integration
- Understanding of UX/UI design
- Experience working with design systems
- Familiarity with technical SEO best practice
- Experience working with Google analytics, webmaster tools etc.
- Experience optimising for performance, core web vitals, etc.
- A user-first attitude, always
- A data-driven approach to making decisions and backing up assertions
- Ability to evaluate, and implement various testing methods depending on the situation
- Familiarity with usability testing methods
- A drive to create processes to stay aligned with the overall XD org
We would be particularly excited if you have:
- Experience with data visualisation projects
- Experience with web animation (Motion One, Framer motion, GSAP, etc)
Don’t meet all the requirements?
Multiple studies have shown that women and people of underrepresented groups are sometimes less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Truelayer, we are committed to building a diverse workforce, so if you are excited about this role and have the essential skills, but not the entire checklist - we’d still love to hear from you!
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups (e.g. people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from all socio-economic backgrounds). If you’d like to discuss alternative working patterns, please let us know.
We will always aim to make appropriate adjustments to ensure we are fully inclusive to people with different needs during our interview process. So if you need us to make any adjustments to suit your individual needs please let us know - we’ll be happy to support you.
We asked employees of TrueLayer how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at TrueLayer
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Italy, Ireland