Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re creating a payments network that better connects banks, businesses and everybody. And we’re going big. We’re taking on cards with a payment method that’s actually designed for the online, on-demand world we live in. Removing friction from the most crucial part of commerce: the payment.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan and Dublin. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Coinbase and Nutmeg… though we’re not stopping here.
We’re on a mission to change the way the world pays, invests, shops and saves. To transform how people approach payments. To build a brand that redefines an entire industry — and we’d like your help to get us there. So what do you say?
TrueLayer’s Finance team is responsible for designing and executing our financial strategy, cost and revenue modelling, reporting and analysis of KPIs, product pricing models, strategic deal negotiations, accounting and tax reporting, and delivering best-in-class financial operations.
We're looking for an experienced, proven Financial Controller who will lead the Group Controllership function including ownership of our financial reporting and controls framework and oversee our accounting activities. The Financial Controller must be a proven leader who can help us shape the Finance function, develop long-term roadmaps and actively motivate and develop team members. This is an exciting role within TrueLayer reporting directly to the CFO and operating as part of the company’s broader senior leadership team.
We are open to applications from anywhere in Ireland on a remote basis, with travel to London on a regular basis to spend time with the wider team (approximately once a month).
What we expect from you as VP Financial Controller:
- Set the overall strategic direction for the Group Controllership function, providing leadership and oversight over financial operations, tax, treasury and accounting
- Own the actuals and manage the month-end close process. Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting is provided to leadership for decision making
- Optimise the group financial operations processes by driving efficiency and automation. This includes AP, AR, Payroll and share option plan management
- Develop procurement to pay (P2P) processes that are optimised to support the business and appropriate internal controls are in place
- Develop tax strategies for the group to minimise tax risk and optimise the direct and indirect tax compliance processes, leveraging outsourced providers.
- Develop best in class treasury operations for the management of both corporate and safeguarded (client) bank accounts. Own the regulatory reporting processes and oversight of regulated entity capital requirements
- Lead the Company’s statutory and safeguarding audit processes to ensure a timely and smooth annual audit process in a public company timeline
- Partner with the CFO on various ad hoc finance, accounting and operational projects
- Collaborate with the Corporate Finance team to ensure consistency between the actuals and financial forecasts
- Coach, mentor and develop a high performing and talented team.
- Qualified Accountant with approximately 10-15 years experience (as a guide)
- Payments or broader financial services experience required, and preferably start-up experience as well
- Managerial experience: you lead by example, and love to empower your teammates to do their best work
- An understanding of working in hyper growth organisations and an ability to handle the bandwidth that comes with that
- Great communication skills
We would be particularly excited if you have:
- Experience in a FinTech and/or a fast-growing technology company
- Experience in a regulated role (EMD or PCF)
Don’t meet all the requirements?
Multiple studies have shown that women and people of underrepresented groups are sometimes less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Truelayer, we are committed to building a diverse workforce, so if you are excited about this role and have the essential skills, but not the entire checklist - we’d still love to hear from you!
What you can expect from us:
- Meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧Milan 🇮🇹 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- Need to collect the kids from childcare? Love a workout in the gym first thing? No worries, we trust you to do your best work within our hybrid framework 🧘
- A one-off remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- 24 days holiday as standard ✈️ with flexible bank holidays, so you can take those days whenever you like 🌍
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year and your birthday off (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- 2 volunteering days to support causes important to you
- 90 day ‘work from abroad’ policy 👩💻☀️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👪
- Competitive pension contribution at 4% & 4% 🧓
- Private health insurance from the day you start 🧑⚕️
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill and premium Calm subscription
- A £1000 budget to spend on learning & development each year 📚
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups (e.g. people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from all socio-economic backgrounds). If you’d like to discuss alternative working patterns, please let us know.
We will always aim to make appropriate adjustments to ensure we are fully inclusive to people with different needs during our interview process. So if you need us to make any adjustments to suit your individual needs please let us know - we’ll be happy to support you.
We asked employees of TrueLayer how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at TrueLayer
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Italy, Ireland