Remote-first – We meet both in / out of the London office occasionally
Fully flexible hours
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re building a global open banking platform that’s changing how money moves and so much more. We make payments and refunds instant, account data accessible and verification seamless — all so innovators in every industry can build better financial experiences for their users.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan, Dublin and Sydney. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Cazoo and Trading 212… though we’re not stopping here.
Our vision is a financial system that works for everyone. To make that happen, we’re creating original and innovative products that will remove the friction from finance for good. We’re seriously scaling our infrastructure, we’re entering new areas all the time, we’re cornering a whole new category — and we’d like your support to get us there.
At TrueLayer we believe that bridging the gap between engineering and design is the best way to build frictionless products. That’s why our designers, researchers, developers, and PMs consistently collaborate (think less “silo”, more “free flow”). So, from end-user interfaces to our developer Console, there’s no problem that we can’t tackle at scale with intuitive, user-centric, beautiful design.
As our UX Researcher Lead in the Product Development group, you’ll be helping us build end-to-end product experiences based on data and research and managing the UX Research team. Working across multiple product teams, you’ll mentor and actively help different stakeholders on best research and data analysis practices, as well as being a champion for user-centric design.
In return, you will have the opportunity to work across wide variety of projects including multiple use cases from different industries across increasing number of geographies. You will play a crucial role in shaping how we build and structure research process and influence the way we design and build products which already handle over half of all open banking transactions in the UK, with no signs of slowing down.
As a UX Research Lead, you will:
- Work closely with designers, PMs and developers as part of the Product organisation
- Manage, nurture and coach UX Researchers
- Manage senior stakeholders and sell UXR value company wide
- Own the strategy and execution of all the research efforts company wide
- Create guidelines and frameworks to help the research function scale
- Get your hands dirty by conducting generative research and competitive analysis to find new opportunities and drive innovation
- Analyse and share research findings to help align user needs with business goals
- Turn data into actionable insights to drive decision making, roadmap planning and prioritisation
- Help conducting evaluative research and usability testing where needed
- Track success metrics and analyse data to tell a compelling story
You'll need to demonstrate:
- Extensive user research experience
- Team management and coaching experience
- Ability to prioritise work cross-functionally and cut the noise
- A strong understanding of analytics, tracking metrics and analysing large and diverse datasets
- Experience with BI tools (Mixpanel, QuickSight, etc)
- Experience in both qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience with product discovery phases, and the ability to turn problems into actionable research questions
- The ability to transform data into actionable insights and recommendations to influence stakeholders to prioritise design work
- Experience with a variety of usability testing methods
- A history of setting and scaling processes in a fast-growing organisation
- Exposure to working in agile environments as part of a product team
We'll be especially excited if you can show:
- Experience with Design Systems
- Proficiency in creating wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, transparent environment in which you can be your true self, learn and grow 🌳
- Attend conferences and training courses using our learning & development allowance (€1200/yr) 📚
- Flexible hours ⌛
- Both remote and office working, with 20% of your time spent in our Milan office 🏡 Note: we're 100% remote during the pandemic
- A one-off contribution of €200 to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy — minimum 24 days. If you need more, just ask ✈️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of your holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Generous parental leave above and beyond statutory requirements, for either parent 👩👩👦
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- Meal vouchers for every day you’re working, including while remote
- CCNL Commercio terziario e distribuzione servizi
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you — like your age, ability, background and identity — are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).
We asked employees of TrueLayer how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at TrueLayer
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Italy, Ireland
What employees are saying
"I love that there is a high level of trust of employees. This fosters a highly productive environment where people really give their all."
Anonymous TrueLayer Employee